Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Philippines Announces Unilateral Ceasefire With Communist Rebels - July 25th, 2016
- Joint Chiefs Chairman: Deal With Russia on Syria Cooperation 'Not Based on Trust' - July 25th, 2016
- NATO Spokesman Dismisses Afghan ISIS After Massive Weekend Bombing - July 25th, 2016
- US-Backed Syrian Rebels Face 'Total Collapse' in Aleppo - July 25th, 2016
- Airstrikes in Syria's Aleppo Kill 42 Civilians - July 25th, 2016