In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- EU, Russia, and China Unveil New System to Circumvent US Sanctions on Iran - September 25th, 2018
- Saudi Coalition to Open Humanitarian Corridors Out of Yemen's Hodeidah Port - September 24th, 2018
- Trump Expects Announcement of Second Summit With North Korea 'Pretty Soon' - September 24th, 2018
- US Troops Will Remain in Syria, Officials Say - September 24th, 2018
- Bolton Slams Russia, Says S-300 Sale in Syria Is 'Significant Escalation' - September 24th, 2018