Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iraq PM: Saudi Troops in Syria Would Be 'Dangerous Escalation' - February 10th, 2016
- Afghan Police Officer Killed After Attacking NATO Delegation - February 10th, 2016
- Erdogan Slams US for Not Declaring Syrian Kurds Terrorists - February 10th, 2016
- NATO DMs Agree to More Troops on Russia Frontier - February 10th, 2016
- Rebels Feel 'Abandoned' by US in Face of Syrian Offensive - February 10th, 2016