Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Killing Far More Civilians in Syria Than They'll Admit - August 26th, 2016
- US, Russia Fail to Reach a Deal on Syria - August 26th, 2016
- US Continues to Cut Aid to Pakistan - August 26th, 2016
- PKK Bombs Turkish Police HQ in Southeast, Killing 11 - August 26th, 2016
- As Turkey Enters Syria, US Aims to Keep Them Happy - August 26th, 2016