Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian Spy Chief: 1,700 Russians Fighting for ISIS - February 20th, 2015
- A Political Setback for Poroshenko, But Debaltseve Pullout Aids Ukraine Ceasefire - February 20th, 2015
- Egyptians Flee Libya Amid Fear of Growing Airstrikes - February 20th, 2015
- IAEA: Iran Halts Disputed Centrifuge Testing Program - February 20th, 2015
- White House Looks to Undercut Netanyahu Speech to Congress - February 20th, 2015