In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria Informs US Leaders on Future Air Wars - September 19th, 2017
- Western Nations Clash at UN Over Iran Nuclear Deal - September 19th, 2017
- US May Try to Shoot Down Future North Korean Missile - September 19th, 2017
- Catalonia Mayors Exercise Right to Remain Silent in Referendum Interrogation - September 19th, 2017
- US Bombing Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria at Record Pace - September 19th, 2017