Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- 75 UN Troops Evacuate From Golan Into Israel, 44 Still Held by al-Qaeda - August 30th, 2014
- No ISIS Strategy; Obama's Rare Moment of Candor - August 29th, 2014
- Ukraine Claims 'Thousands' of Russian Troops Invaded, Offers No Evidence - August 29th, 2014
- UN Report: Half of Syria Displaced by War - August 29th, 2014
- Next Week's NATO Summit to Focus on Escalations Against Russia - August 29th, 2014