Would Deploy More Warships to Gulf
In an op-ed published in the Wall Street Journal today, Mitt Romney condemned President Obama for his putative willingness to negotiate with Iran. Instead he promises that if he is elected he would immediately begin preparing for war.
In his comments, he promised to increase the deployment of aircraft carriers in the Persian Gulf as well as the Mediterranean while dramatically increasing military aid to Israel to “send an unequivocal signal to Iran.”
He said Obama, who only threatens Iran a few times in any given month, has “conveyed an image of American weakness” with his comparative lack of threats, and that “the ayatollahs” would have no question where a Romney Administration stood.
Romney and most of the other Republican candidates (excluding only Rep. Ron Paul) stand united in calling for even more threats against Iran. The Obama Administration is also threatening war at a pretty consistent pace, in keeping with empty US threats to attack Iran which have been going on for decades.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- As Rebels Pound Aleppo, Kerry Threatens Assad - May 3rd, 2016
- US Mulls Sending More Troops to Iraq, Syria to Fight ISIS - May 3rd, 2016
- Turkey: 42 PKK Fighters Killed in Past 48 Hours - May 3rd, 2016
- Britain Considers Sending Hundreds More Troops to Iraq - May 3rd, 2016
- After Brawl, Turkish Committee Votes to End Opposition MPs' Legal Immunity - May 3rd, 2016