In an interview today with Reuters, high profile human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith, who has represented several of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay and won the 2005 Gandhi International Peace Award condemned the US drone campaigns in Pakistan and elsewhere, calling the policy “scandalous” and saying it was “absolutely disgusting” how many times drones were killing and maiming civilians.
Stafford Smith said the drone campaign was not just illegal but was a long-term nightmare, because it was creating large numbers of new enemies in Pakistan’s tribal areas.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudi Coalition Offers Plan to 'Protect' Hodeidah as Civilians Flee - June 22nd, 2018
- Taliban Kill Four, Kidnap Scores in Southern Afghanistan Raid - June 22nd, 2018
- US, Afghan Forces Killed Over 160 ISIS in Three-Week Offensive - June 22nd, 2018
- North and South Korea Agree to New Round of Family Reunions - June 22nd, 2018
- Hamas Negotiating 'Comprehensive Deal' for Truce With Israel - June 22nd, 2018