In an interview today with Reuters, high profile human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith, who has represented several of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay and won the 2005 Gandhi International Peace Award condemned the US drone campaigns in Pakistan and elsewhere, calling the policy “scandalous” and saying it was “absolutely disgusting” how many times drones were killing and maiming civilians.
Stafford Smith said the drone campaign was not just illegal but was a long-term nightmare, because it was creating large numbers of new enemies in Pakistan’s tribal areas.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Qatar: Additions to Terror Blacklist Are Baseless - July 26th, 2017
- Trump Slams Hezbollah After Praising Its Anti-ISIS Operation - July 26th, 2017
- Mosul Bloodbath: Iraqi Forces Admit to Killing Women and Children - July 26th, 2017
- Even After Months of Fighting, Mosul Is Rife With Booby Traps - July 26th, 2017
- Russia: Baltic Wargames With China Are Not a Threat - July 26th, 2017