In an interview today with Reuters, high profile human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith, who has represented several of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay and won the 2005 Gandhi International Peace Award condemned the US drone campaigns in Pakistan and elsewhere, calling the policy “scandalous” and saying it was “absolutely disgusting” how many times drones were killing and maiming civilians.
Stafford Smith said the drone campaign was not just illegal but was a long-term nightmare, because it was creating large numbers of new enemies in Pakistan’s tribal areas.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Despite Assurances, Legality of Trump Nuclear Strike May Not Matter - November 22nd, 2017
- Israeli Forces Demolish Brand New Family Home in East Jerusalem - November 22nd, 2017
- East Ukraine in Turmoil Amid Claimed 'Coup' in Luhansk - November 22nd, 2017
- US Asked for Saudis to Ease Yemen Blockade - November 22nd, 2017
- Local Afghan Leaders Protest Deadly US Strikes on 'Heroin Labs' - November 22nd, 2017