In an interview today with Reuters, high profile human rights lawyer Clive Stafford Smith, who has represented several of the detainees at Guantanamo Bay and won the 2005 Gandhi International Peace Award condemned the US drone campaigns in Pakistan and elsewhere, calling the policy “scandalous” and saying it was “absolutely disgusting” how many times drones were killing and maiming civilians.
Stafford Smith said the drone campaign was not just illegal but was a long-term nightmare, because it was creating large numbers of new enemies in Pakistan’s tribal areas.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- China Outraged at US Sanctions for Buying Russia Arms - September 21st, 2018
- Pentagon Hypes Taliban Body Counts to Try to Sell White House on Afghan War - September 20th, 2018
- South Yemen Separatists Vow to Continue Offensive Against Hodeidah Port - September 20th, 2018
- Kim, Moon End Inter-Korean Summit at Peak of Sacred North Korea Volcano - September 20th, 2018
- Kim Seeks Second Trump Summit to Speed Denuclearization - September 20th, 2018