Major General Peter Fuller, one of the top US Army commanders in Afghanistan, was fired today for “inappropriate public comments” related to criticism of Afghan President Hamid Karzai in an interview Thursday with POLITICO. Fuller condemned the Afghan government as “isolated from reality” and expressed hope that he would be replaced by “a guy that’s more articulate in public” in the next election.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017