Major General Peter Fuller, one of the top US Army commanders in Afghanistan, was fired today for “inappropriate public comments” related to criticism of Afghan President Hamid Karzai in an interview Thursday with POLITICO. Fuller condemned the Afghan government as “isolated from reality” and expressed hope that he would be replaced by “a guy that’s more articulate in public” in the next election.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pompeo Rejects EU Appeal for Iran Sanctions Exemptions - July 16th, 2018
- US Commander: Afghan ISIS Resilient to US Attacks, Almost Impossible to Defeat - July 16th, 2018
- Israel Attacks on Aleppo Air Base Killed at Least 22 - July 16th, 2018
- White House Orders Diplomats to Seek Direct Talks With Afghan Taliban - July 16th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill at Least Eight Civilians in Eastern Syria - July 16th, 2018