Major General Peter Fuller, one of the top US Army commanders in Afghanistan, was fired today for “inappropriate public comments” related to criticism of Afghan President Hamid Karzai in an interview Thursday with POLITICO. Fuller condemned the Afghan government as “isolated from reality” and expressed hope that he would be replaced by “a guy that’s more articulate in public” in the next election.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 170 Casualties in Afghan Election Attacks - October 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018
- Bolton Pushes Trump to Withdraw From Russian Nuclear Treaty - October 19th, 2018