Major General Peter Fuller, one of the top US Army commanders in Afghanistan, was fired today for “inappropriate public comments” related to criticism of Afghan President Hamid Karzai in an interview Thursday with POLITICO. Fuller condemned the Afghan government as “isolated from reality” and expressed hope that he would be replaced by “a guy that’s more articulate in public” in the next election.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russia Intends to Substantially Cut Military Spending Over Next Five Years - March 23rd, 2018
- Majority of $1.3 Trillion US Omnibus Spending Bill Goes to Military - March 23rd, 2018
- Bolton Appointment Looms Large, But Actual Policy Impact Still Unclear - March 23rd, 2018
- Scores of Civilians Killed in Eastern Ghouta Attack - March 23rd, 2018
- Ceasefire Announced for Part of Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 22nd, 2018