Major General Peter Fuller, one of the top US Army commanders in Afghanistan, was fired today for “inappropriate public comments” related to criticism of Afghan President Hamid Karzai in an interview Thursday with POLITICO. Fuller condemned the Afghan government as “isolated from reality” and expressed hope that he would be replaced by “a guy that’s more articulate in public” in the next election.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017