The US State Department is pumping money into a training program aimed at preparing certain political parties to participate in the upcoming Egyptian election. The State Department confirmed that Islamist parties were among those receiving aid.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Officials Spar Over State Dept's $1 Million Venezuela Scheme - December 10th, 2017
- In Pushing Saudis on Yemen Aid, US Warns About Losing Congressional Support - December 10th, 2017
- As US-Russia Tensions Rise, 1987 Nuke Treaty in Jeopardy - December 10th, 2017
- Syrian Army, Allies Advance Against Rebel-Held Idlib - December 10th, 2017
- Protests Across Middle East Against Trump's Jerusalem Declaration - December 8th, 2017