A new report by the Stimson Center shows the Pentagon spent $1 trillion on weapons in the past 10 years, with annual spending more than doubling from the $60 billion in 2001 to $136 billion in 2010.
The report showed the Army in many cases bought things entirely by accident, including buying three times as many M4 rifles as they intended and buying 2,000 Stryker ground vehicles they didn’t want.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump-Putin Summit Ends With Talk of Cooperation, Lawmakers Furious - July 16th, 2018
- Gaza Ceasefire Largely Holding After Weekend Flareup - July 15th, 2018
- US Officials Say Trainer Policies May Change After Afghan Insider Attack - July 15th, 2018
- Israel Attacks Airbase Outside Northern Syrian City of Aleppo - July 15th, 2018
- Trump Lowers Expectations for Russia Summit - July 15th, 2018