A new report by the Stimson Center shows the Pentagon spent $1 trillion on weapons in the past 10 years, with annual spending more than doubling from the $60 billion in 2001 to $136 billion in 2010.
The report showed the Army in many cases bought things entirely by accident, including buying three times as many M4 rifles as they intended and buying 2,000 Stryker ground vehicles they didn’t want.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ceasefire Announced for Part of Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018