A high profile “reintegration” plan involving allegedly key Taliban forces has become a complete disaster on several levels. Two “Taliban leaders” were supposed to show up and surrender their weapons in front of former US Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, but no one told the US forces guarding the compound, who captured the armed men en route to the event. Later, officials found out they weren’t even real Taliban, they were actors hired by the governor to “curry favor with Eikenberry.” Is it any wonder the peace talks never go anywhere?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017