A high profile “reintegration” plan involving allegedly key Taliban forces has become a complete disaster on several levels. Two “Taliban leaders” were supposed to show up and surrender their weapons in front of former US Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, but no one told the US forces guarding the compound, who captured the armed men en route to the event. Later, officials found out they weren’t even real Taliban, they were actors hired by the governor to “curry favor with Eikenberry.” Is it any wonder the peace talks never go anywhere?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017