A high profile “reintegration” plan involving allegedly key Taliban forces has become a complete disaster on several levels. Two “Taliban leaders” were supposed to show up and surrender their weapons in front of former US Ambassador Karl Eikenberry, but no one told the US forces guarding the compound, who captured the armed men en route to the event. Later, officials found out they weren’t even real Taliban, they were actors hired by the governor to “curry favor with Eikenberry.” Is it any wonder the peace talks never go anywhere?
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Wants High-Profile Meeting With Putin at G20 Summit - June 26th, 2017
- House Spending Bill Threatens to Suspend Nuclear Treaty With Russia - June 26th, 2017
- Bahrain Accuses Qatar of Seeking 'Military Escalation' - June 26th, 2017
- White House Appears to Be Planning Attack on Assad - June 26th, 2017
- Top Senator Blocks Gulf Arms Sales Over Qatar Crisis - June 26th, 2017