Israeli Officials Condemn Attempt to Deliver Aid as 'Deplorable Propaganda'
Israeli warships are on the move tonight, preparing to attack a pair of aid vessels from Ireland and Canada which are attempting to deliver medical supplies to the Gaza Strip, insisting they will “take whatever measures will be necessary” to prevent the ships from reaching Gaza.
Israeli officials were quick to condemn the move as a “provocation” and claimed that an attempt to deliver aid amounted to a “deplorable propaganda exercise.” The ships are currently in international waters.
The ships left from the Turkish port of Fethiye today, and were supposed to sail to Rhodes, according to Turkish officials. Instead the ships are heading to Gaza, with 19 activists and five journalists between them.
The sail was something of a surprise and activists from the two ships said they deliberately kept a low profile until reaching international waters, fearing that they would be detained in port or sabotaged like previous ships.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN: Sanctions on North Korea Hindering Food Aid - March 23rd, 2017
- Senate Plans to Vote on Montenegro's NATO Membership Next Week - March 23rd, 2017
- Judge Seeks to Consolidate 9/11 Lawsuits Against Saudi Arabia - March 23rd, 2017
- British-Born 52-Year-Old Identified as London Attacker - March 23rd, 2017
- Nine Afghan Policeman Killed in Insider Attack - March 23rd, 2017