The US withdrawal may solve a lot of problems inside Iraq, particularly the whole “being occupied by a foreign power” thing. But all will not be solved in Iraq on January 1, as the nation’s sectarian and ethnic tensions remain nationwide, and would still break out into new violence at any time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Turns Off Loudspeakers Aimed at North Korea - April 23rd, 2018
- Saudi Warplanes Attack Wedding Party in NW Yemen, Killing Dozens - April 23rd, 2018
- Senate Panel OKs Pompeo After Rand Paul Flip - April 23rd, 2018
- Iraq Says 36 ISIS Killed in Thursday's Syria Strike - April 22nd, 2018
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018