The US withdrawal may solve a lot of problems inside Iraq, particularly the whole “being occupied by a foreign power” thing. But all will not be solved in Iraq on January 1, as the nation’s sectarian and ethnic tensions remain nationwide, and would still break out into new violence at any time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017