The US withdrawal may solve a lot of problems inside Iraq, particularly the whole “being occupied by a foreign power” thing. But all will not be solved in Iraq on January 1, as the nation’s sectarian and ethnic tensions remain nationwide, and would still break out into new violence at any time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey's Long-Anticipated War With Syrian Kurds Begins in Earnest - January 21st, 2018
- Turkish Ground Troops Enter Syrian Kurds' Afrin District - January 21st, 2018
- Pentagon Considers Sending Another 1,000 US Troops to Afghanistan - January 21st, 2018
- Foreigners Targeted as Afghan Taliban Attack Kabul Hotel - January 21st, 2018
- Turkish Warplanes Pound Kurds, Thousands of Syrian Rebels Bused to Border - January 20th, 2018