The US withdrawal may solve a lot of problems inside Iraq, particularly the whole “being occupied by a foreign power” thing. But all will not be solved in Iraq on January 1, as the nation’s sectarian and ethnic tensions remain nationwide, and would still break out into new violence at any time.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Afghan Rights Group: Many War Crimes Committed in Ghazni Battle - August 15th, 2018
- US to Send More Marines to Norway, Angering Russia - August 15th, 2018
- Gaza Ceasefire Goes Into Effect, Israel Opens Border Crossing to Goods - August 15th, 2018
- Slain Bus Full of Children Raises Questions About US Role in Yemen War - August 15th, 2018
- US Military Spending Bill Could Target al-Jazeera as 'Foreign Agent' - August 15th, 2018