Yesterday’s suicide bombing attack on a NATO convoy killed at least 12 Americans, but they weren’t US soldiers. Instead, at least eight were members of the massive force of US government contractors fighting alongside the military in the occupation effort. The number of contractors working for the US military in Afghanistan is at least as large as the number of US soldiers there.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017
- As ISIS Loses Ground, US Is on a Collision Course With Syria and Iran - June 21st, 2017
- US, Russia Continue to Inch Toward Confrontation in Syria - June 21st, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Fires Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Over Arms Dealer Links - June 21st, 2017
- Saudis, Allies Have 'List of Demands' for Qatar - June 21st, 2017