Yesterday’s suicide bombing attack on a NATO convoy killed at least 12 Americans, but they weren’t US soldiers. Instead, at least eight were members of the massive force of US government contractors fighting alongside the military in the occupation effort. The number of contractors working for the US military in Afghanistan is at least as large as the number of US soldiers there.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Despite Assurances, Legality of Trump Nuclear Strike May Not Matter - November 22nd, 2017
- Israeli Forces Demolish Brand New Family Home in East Jerusalem - November 22nd, 2017
- East Ukraine in Turmoil Amid Claimed 'Coup' in Luhansk - November 22nd, 2017
- US Asked for Saudis to Ease Yemen Blockade - November 22nd, 2017
- Local Afghan Leaders Protest Deadly US Strikes on 'Heroin Labs' - November 22nd, 2017