Yesterday’s suicide bombing attack on a NATO convoy killed at least 12 Americans, but they weren’t US soldiers. Instead, at least eight were members of the massive force of US government contractors fighting alongside the military in the occupation effort. The number of contractors working for the US military in Afghanistan is at least as large as the number of US soldiers there.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US 'Furious' Over Turkey Publishing US Troop Locations in Syria - July 20th, 2017
- Detained ISIS Family Members Complain of Ill Treatment in Iraq - July 20th, 2017
- Israeli General: We Won't Let Iran Win the Syrian War - July 20th, 2017
- Qatar Interior Ministry: Media Hack Originated in UAE - July 20th, 2017
- Trump: More US Troops Might Not Be Needed in Afghanistan - July 20th, 2017