Many are expressing dismay at the post-capture treatment of Moammar Gadhafi and his eventual summary execution. This should not be the case however, Salon’s Daniel Williams notes, since the Misrata rebels that captured Sirte have been performing revenge killings on Gadhafi’s supporters and even civilians assumed to be supporters for months now.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017