Many are expressing dismay at the post-capture treatment of Moammar Gadhafi and his eventual summary execution. This should not be the case however, Salon’s Daniel Williams notes, since the Misrata rebels that captured Sirte have been performing revenge killings on Gadhafi’s supporters and even civilians assumed to be supporters for months now.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Hypes Taliban Body Counts to Try to Sell White House on Afghan War - September 20th, 2018
- South Yemen Separatists Vow to Continue Offensive Against Hodeidah Port - September 20th, 2018
- Kim, Moon End Inter-Korean Summit at Peak of Sacred North Korea Volcano - September 20th, 2018
- Kim Seeks Second Trump Summit to Speed Denuclearization - September 20th, 2018
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018