Many are expressing dismay at the post-capture treatment of Moammar Gadhafi and his eventual summary execution. This should not be the case however, Salon’s Daniel Williams notes, since the Misrata rebels that captured Sirte have been performing revenge killings on Gadhafi’s supporters and even civilians assumed to be supporters for months now.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea: Up to US If Summit Will Happen, Or Nuclear Showdown - May 23rd, 2018
- Pentagon Uninvites China From Joint Naval Exercises - May 23rd, 2018
- Iran Sets Out Conditions for Europe to Save Nuclear Deal - May 23rd, 2018
- Iranian Officials Split on Responding to US Demands - May 23rd, 2018
- Israel Considers Long-Term Ceasefire With Hamas - May 23rd, 2018