Many are expressing dismay at the post-capture treatment of Moammar Gadhafi and his eventual summary execution. This should not be the case however, Salon’s Daniel Williams notes, since the Misrata rebels that captured Sirte have been performing revenge killings on Gadhafi’s supporters and even civilians assumed to be supporters for months now.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018