McClatchy news service recently reported that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden were “largely aloof from the process” of negotiating whether U.S. troops could or would remain in Iraq past the December deadline for withdrawal. As evidence, the story quoted logs that indicated neither had spoken to the Maliki government from March to October. The White House Press Secretary Jay Carney hit back, saying the report was categorically false, but refused to provide any evidence.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013