'We'll Get Our Money Back,' Sen. Graham Bets
With reports that NATO’s going to stop bombing Libya by the end of the month, a number of US Senators are hoping to get in on the ground floor of open-ended funding for the new regime, something which they’re sure is a good idea.
Sen. John McCain (R – AZ) said the US needed to “deepen our support for the Libyan people” with major funding for the National Transitional Council (NTC), saying the money would let the NTC focus on “strengthening their national unity.”
“We’ll get our money back,” insisted Sen. Lindsay Graham (R – SC), who says he’s positive the NTC would eventually reimburse the US for funding them, and that the funding “will allow American business to prosper from a free Libya.”
The US started bombing Libya in March, and while most of Congress expressed concern about the lack of Congressional authorization for the war, Sens. McCain and Graham were both outspoken supporters of the attacks.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Dozens Killed as Mob Attacks South Sudan UN Base - April 17th, 2014
- Putin: We'll Do 'Everything Possible' to Protect Protesters - April 17th, 2014
- Ukraine Troops Kill Three Protesters in Southeast, Wound 13 - April 17th, 2014
- Obama: Russians Know Our Military Is Far Superior - April 17th, 2014
- All Russian Men Barred From Entering Ukraine - April 17th, 2014