New reports are shining a spotlight on the ridiculously high level of rape against female US soldiers while serving in the military, with experts terming the problem an “epidemic” and studies suggesting as many as one in three female soldiers is raped during their service. Sexual assault against lower ranking soldiers is a particular problem because the chain of command gives attackers virtual impunity from charges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Led Airstrikes Killed 472 Civilians in Syria in the Past Month - June 23rd, 2017
- US Narrows Counter-Extremism Program to Focus on Islamists - June 23rd, 2017
- Senator: US Strikes on Syrian Forces 'Unlawful' - June 23rd, 2017
- Kurds Warn Turkey's Buildup in North Syria Threatens Raqqa Invasion - June 23rd, 2017
- Senators Seek Clarification on US Role in Yemen Torture - June 23rd, 2017