New reports are shining a spotlight on the ridiculously high level of rape against female US soldiers while serving in the military, with experts terming the problem an “epidemic” and studies suggesting as many as one in three female soldiers is raped during their service. Sexual assault against lower ranking soldiers is a particular problem because the chain of command gives attackers virtual impunity from charges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017