New reports are shining a spotlight on the ridiculously high level of rape against female US soldiers while serving in the military, with experts terming the problem an “epidemic” and studies suggesting as many as one in three female soldiers is raped during their service. Sexual assault against lower ranking soldiers is a particular problem because the chain of command gives attackers virtual impunity from charges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Delegation Continues to Try to Explain Downing of Russian Plane in Syria - September 21st, 2018
- German Companies Continue to Withdraw From Iran - September 21st, 2018
- As Afghan Military Deaths Soar, Officials Struggle to Keep Toll Secret - September 21st, 2018
- Afghan Officials Will Meet Taliban in Moscow - September 21st, 2018
- Pompeo: US Preparing a 'Series of Actions' Against Venezuela - September 21st, 2018