New reports are shining a spotlight on the ridiculously high level of rape against female US soldiers while serving in the military, with experts terming the problem an “epidemic” and studies suggesting as many as one in three female soldiers is raped during their service. Sexual assault against lower ranking soldiers is a particular problem because the chain of command gives attackers virtual impunity from charges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Uses 'New Authority' to Speed Up Arms Exports to Saudis, Others - May 24th, 2018
- Pompeo Predicts US-North Korea Relations Will Return to 'Situation Normal' - May 24th, 2018
- North Korea Will Give Trump Time to Reconsider Summit - May 24th, 2018
- Houses Passes $717 Billion Military Spending Bill - May 24th, 2018
- Trump Cancels North Korea Summit, Brags of US Nukes - May 24th, 2018