New reports are shining a spotlight on the ridiculously high level of rape against female US soldiers while serving in the military, with experts terming the problem an “epidemic” and studies suggesting as many as one in three female soldiers is raped during their service. Sexual assault against lower ranking soldiers is a particular problem because the chain of command gives attackers virtual impunity from charges.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018