With Western officials uniformly praising the killing of Moammar Gadhafi, the relief is coming not so much from him not being at large, but from the fact that he didn’t survive his capture by rebel forces. The biggest danger Gadhafi posed for Western governments and oil companies was a laundry list of embarrassing secrets that would have come out if he had gone to trial.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018