With Western officials uniformly praising the killing of Moammar Gadhafi, the relief is coming not so much from him not being at large, but from the fact that he didn’t survive his capture by rebel forces. The biggest danger Gadhafi posed for Western governments and oil companies was a laundry list of embarrassing secrets that would have come out if he had gone to trial.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017
- Yemen's Pro-Saleh Faction, Houthis Make a Deal to End Dispute - December 13th, 2017