With Western officials uniformly praising the killing of Moammar Gadhafi, the relief is coming not so much from him not being at large, but from the fact that he didn’t survive his capture by rebel forces. The biggest danger Gadhafi posed for Western governments and oil companies was a laundry list of embarrassing secrets that would have come out if he had gone to trial.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Turkey: Kurdish Banner in Raqqa Proves US Sided With Terrorists - October 20th, 2017
- Many Afghan Troops Run Away While in US to Train - October 20th, 2017
- Spain to Start Catalonia Takeover Saturday - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Deaths Highlight Growing US Involvement in Africa - October 20th, 2017
- Niger Ambush the Result of 'Massive Intelligence Failure' - October 20th, 2017