With Western officials uniformly praising the killing of Moammar Gadhafi, the relief is coming not so much from him not being at large, but from the fact that he didn’t survive his capture by rebel forces. The biggest danger Gadhafi posed for Western governments and oil companies was a laundry list of embarrassing secrets that would have come out if he had gone to trial.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018
- US General Wounded During Thursday Insider Attack in Afghanistan - October 21st, 2018
- Saudi FM: We Don't Know How Khashoggi Was Killed - October 21st, 2018