With Western officials uniformly praising the killing of Moammar Gadhafi, the relief is coming not so much from him not being at large, but from the fact that he didn’t survive his capture by rebel forces. The biggest danger Gadhafi posed for Western governments and oil companies was a laundry list of embarrassing secrets that would have come out if he had gone to trial.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Beheads 11, Mostly Soldiers, in Central Libya Checkpoint Attack - August 23rd, 2017
- Nearly 3,500 Israeli Settlement Homes Built on Private Palestinian Land - August 23rd, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Destroys Yemen Hotel, Kills at Least 60 - August 23rd, 2017
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017