Looking deeper into the bizarre Washington DC assassination plot we turn to the arrested suspect, Iranian-American Mansour J. Arbabsiar, a bumbling 56-year-old with a long history of failed businesses who was described by acquaintances as “perennially disheveled.”
A former college roommate scoffed at the idea that Arbabsiar was behind the plot, but not for the reasons foreign policy analysts are. Instead, he said Arbabsiar was too incompetent and disorganized to carry out anything like the elaborate plot US officials are describing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Tones Down Rhetoric, Actions Ahead of North Korea Summit - April 24th, 2018
- Trump Threatens Iran as Deadline to Withdraw From Nuclear Deal Looms - April 24th, 2018
- Trump Again Backtracks on Syria Pullout, Vows 'Strong and Lasting Footprint' - April 24th, 2018
- West Seeks to Bypass Russian Veto on UN Moves Against Syria - April 24th, 2018
- House Lawmakers Offer Alternative War Authorization Proposal - April 24th, 2018