Looking deeper into the bizarre Washington DC assassination plot we turn to the arrested suspect, Iranian-American Mansour J. Arbabsiar, a bumbling 56-year-old with a long history of failed businesses who was described by acquaintances as “perennially disheveled.”
A former college roommate scoffed at the idea that Arbabsiar was behind the plot, but not for the reasons foreign policy analysts are. Instead, he said Arbabsiar was too incompetent and disorganized to carry out anything like the elaborate plot US officials are describing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Spanish National Police Aim to Seize Control of Catalonia - September 23rd, 2017
- Europe Steps Up to Try to Undermine Catalonia Independence Vote - September 23rd, 2017
- Civilians Leave ISIS-Area in Eastern Syria After Evacuation Deal - September 22nd, 2017
- Catalonia Closes Ranks as Outrage over Crackdown Grows - September 22nd, 2017
- Spanish Prosecutors Formally Accuse Catalan Separatists of Sedition - September 22nd, 2017