In comments to a newspaper former top German General Harald Kujat said that ten years in to the Afghanistan War the mission has clearly failed, though he took issue with the 2014 drawdown date, saying that the Taliban would retake the country “within just a few months” after they left. Interestingly, he offered no alternative to leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017