In comments to a newspaper former top German General Harald Kujat said that ten years in to the Afghanistan War the mission has clearly failed, though he took issue with the 2014 drawdown date, saying that the Taliban would retake the country “within just a few months” after they left. Interestingly, he offered no alternative to leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Philippine Police Conduct Door-to-Door Drug Tests in Manila's Poor Neighborhoods - August 23rd, 2017
- Lockheed, Raytheon Get Contracts for New Nuclear Cruise Missile - August 23rd, 2017
- 16 Years Into War, Taliban's Presence Across Afghanistan Growing - August 23rd, 2017
- Yemen's Houthis Ban Political Activity Ahead of Planned Capital Rally - August 23rd, 2017
- US Has Thousands More Troops in Afghanistan Than Official Figure - August 23rd, 2017