In comments to a newspaper former top German General Harald Kujat said that ten years in to the Afghanistan War the mission has clearly failed, though he took issue with the 2014 drawdown date, saying that the Taliban would retake the country “within just a few months” after they left. Interestingly, he offered no alternative to leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas Meet Again With UN on Border Disarmament - October 21st, 2018
- US Denies Killing Syrian Civilians, Says Mosque Was 'Valid Military Target' - October 21st, 2018
- Security Woes, Irregularities Mar Afghanistan's Second Day of Voting - October 21st, 2018
- US General Wounded During Thursday Insider Attack in Afghanistan - October 21st, 2018
- Saudi FM: We Don't Know How Khashoggi Was Killed - October 21st, 2018