In comments to a newspaper former top German General Harald Kujat said that ten years in to the Afghanistan War the mission has clearly failed, though he took issue with the 2014 drawdown date, saying that the Taliban would retake the country “within just a few months” after they left. Interestingly, he offered no alternative to leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Rebels Began Evacuating Golan for North - July 20th, 2018
- Syrian, Russian Warplanes Kill 26 Civilians in Strikes on Southern ISIS Towns - July 20th, 2018
- US Urges Strict UN Sanctions on North Korea Until Denuclearization Finished - July 20th, 2018
- Merkel: Europe Can't Rely on US to Impose World Order - July 20th, 2018
- Israel, Hamas Reach Another Ceasefire After Five Killed in Friday Clashes - July 20th, 2018