In comments to a newspaper former top German General Harald Kujat said that ten years in to the Afghanistan War the mission has clearly failed, though he took issue with the 2014 drawdown date, saying that the Taliban would retake the country “within just a few months” after they left. Interestingly, he offered no alternative to leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Vote on War Powers Act Challenge to Yemen War Looms in Senate - March 19th, 2018
- Locals Report Mass Looting by Occupying Rebels in Syria's Afrin - March 19th, 2018
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018