US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Centcom Commander: US Will Protect Itself From Iran in 'Arabian Gulf' - August 30th, 2016
- US Welcomes Brief Pause in Fighting Between Turkish Troops, Syrian Kurds - August 30th, 2016
- Islamist Rebels Capture Key Christian Town in Western Syria - August 30th, 2016
- UN Coordinator: At Least 10,000 Killed in Yemen War - August 30th, 2016
- Bombs Hit Vegetable Market in Northern Syria City of Idlib - August 30th, 2016