US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- FBI Steered Itself Toward Blaming North Korea for Sony Hack - December 21st, 2014
- New York Police Declare Their Own Safety 'Top Priority' - December 21st, 2014
- Obama: Sony Attack 'Not an Act of War' - December 21st, 2014
- Obama Signs Bill That Forbids Closing Gitmo, Insists He Will Ignore Provision - December 21st, 2014
- 20 ISIS Fighters Killed in Latest Failed Attack on East Syria Airbase - December 21st, 2014