US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syria, Islamists Agree to Extend Ceasefire in Disputed Towns - August 27th, 2015
- US Drone Strike Kills Five in Southern Yemen - August 27th, 2015
- ISIS Seizes Territory Intended for US-Turkey 'Safe Zone' in Syria - August 27th, 2015
- Yemen FM Rules Out Talks With Houthis, Demands They Surrender - August 27th, 2015
- ISIS Suicide Bomber Kills Two Iraqi Generals in Anbar - August 27th, 2015