US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- AIPAC Pushes Senate Bill Aimed at 'Fixing' Iran Nuclear Deal - October 4th, 2015
- Senate Military Spending Bill Faces Filibuster Battle, Veto Threat - October 4th, 2015
- Trump: Middle East Would Be More Stable With Saddam and Gadhafi - October 4th, 2015
- Doctors Without Borders Leave Kunduz Hospital After US Attack - October 4th, 2015
- 22 Civilians Killed as US Warplane Attacks Afghan Hospital - October 3rd, 2015