US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NSA Paid Encryption Company $10 Million to Create Backdoors for Them - December 20th, 2013
- Pakistan Passes New Resolution Against Drone Strikes - December 20th, 2013
- After Yemen Wedding Strike, US Drone Policy Comes Under New Scrutiny - December 20th, 2013
- A 2013 Disaster: Death Toll More Than Doubles in Iraq - December 20th, 2013
- Iran Sanctions Bill to Skip Committee; Hawks Promise Veto-Proof Majority - December 20th, 2013