US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudis to Behead Over 50, Including Top Shi'ite Cleric, as 'Terrorists' - November 26th, 2015
- Russia Threatens Economic Retaliation Over Turkey Attack - November 26th, 2015
- Cameron Challenged on Claim of 70,000 Moderate Syrian Fighters - November 26th, 2015
- Russia Says 'Wiped Out' Terror Groups Near Downed Plane - November 26th, 2015
- Powers Open to 'Grand Coalition' Against ISIS - November 26th, 2015