US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trapped in Fallujah, Residents Fear Long Battle - May 27th, 2016
- Pentagon Seeks Increased Military Ties With Vietnam - May 27th, 2016
- IAEA: Iran Continues to Comply With Nuclear Deal - May 27th, 2016
- US Claims ISIS Commander, Dozens of Fighters Killed in Fallujah Strikes - May 27th, 2016
- Putin Warns of Response to Poland, Romania Hosting US Missile Defense - May 27th, 2016