US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Over 300 Civilians Killed in Yemen Since Early August Ceasefire Ended - September 23rd, 2016
- US Drone Destroys Car in Eastern Yemen, Killing Four 'Suspects' - September 23rd, 2016
- Syria Vows 'Comprehensive' Ground Invasion of Aleppo - September 23rd, 2016
- Erdogan Accuses US of Major Arms Shipment to Syrian Kurds - September 23rd, 2016
- ISIS Sets Up Oil Fire Moats to Thwart Invasion of Mosul - September 23rd, 2016