US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Aims to Build Smaller New Iraqi 'Vanguard' Force to Fight ISIS - November 27th, 2014
- Taliban Stages Multiple Attacks Across Afghan Capital - November 27th, 2014
- Arguments, Shortages Slow NATO's 'Rapid Reaction' Force in East Europe - November 27th, 2014
- Kashmir Militant Attack on Indian Soldiers Leaves 11 Dead - November 27th, 2014
- US 'Vigilant' Over Lack of Terror Chatter for Thanksgiving - November 27th, 2014