US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israel 'Alarmed' by al-Qaeda Presence on Syria Border - September 2nd, 2014
- Boko Haram Attacks, Nigeria Friendly Fire Kills Scores - September 2nd, 2014
- UN Negotiating With al-Qaeda on Release of Fiji Troops - September 2nd, 2014
- More US Troops Headed to Iraq; Senate Bill Would Expand War to Syria - September 2nd, 2014
- Afghan Army's Extrajudicial Killings Could Force End to US Aid - September 2nd, 2014