US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- No Place Is Safe as Israel Pounds Civilian Areas in Gaza - July 22nd, 2014
- Israeli Envoy: Our Military Deserves Nobel Peace Prize for Not Killing More Gazans - July 22nd, 2014
- Israeli Attacks on Gaza Continue: 630 Palestinians, 29 Israelis Dead - July 22nd, 2014
- Iraqi Govt Barrel Bombs Kill 19 Civilians in Fallujah - July 22nd, 2014
- Al-Qaeda Wing Declares Emirate in East Yemen - July 22nd, 2014