US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- EU Braces for Influx of ISIS Fighters After Mosul Offensive - October 23rd, 2016
- Obama Backs Away From Plans to Further Arm CIA-Backed Rebels in Syria - October 23rd, 2016
- Iraq PM: Thanks but No Thanks on Turkish Help in Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- US Warns Worst Is Yet to Come in Battle for Mosul - October 23rd, 2016
- Syrian Kurds Fire on Rebel-Held Jarabulus as Turkey Continues to Attack Them - October 23rd, 2016