US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Sen. Reid: $225 Million in Extra Israel War Aid 'Not Enough' - July 28th, 2014
- Israeli Military Confirms Nine Soldiers Killed Today in Gaza - July 28th, 2014
- Gaza Tunnels: Used in War, But Built for Economy - July 27th, 2014
- Netanyahu Vows 'Whatever Is Necessary' in Gaza Attacks - July 27th, 2014
- Obama Seeks to Dramatically Broaden US War on Terror - July 27th, 2014