US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mattis: US Troops Need to Stay in Iraq for 'Years' - March 24th, 2017
- Iraqi Civilians Continue to Flee Mosul, Facing Danger and Uncertainty - March 24th, 2017
- UN: Around 200 Civilians Killed Per Month in Yemen War - March 24th, 2017
- On Airstrikes' Anniversary, Serbia PM Rules Out Joining NATO - March 24th, 2017
- Netanyahu Rejects US Proposal on Reining in Settlement Growth - March 24th, 2017