US drones are praised by officials for their reliability, but quite often high-profile militants reported slain have turned up later, unharmed. Though this hasn’t happened yet in the case of cleric Anwar al-Awlaki, the Yemeni government is reporting they don’t have any actual evidence that Awlaki was killed either. According to security officials, the last information that have is that he was in the motorcade when the US attacked it, but two of the three cars escaped, and Awlaki’s body was never found.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Estimates 50,000 ISIS Fighters Killed in Just Over Two Years - December 8th, 2016
- US Navy Refuses Pentagon Orders to Budget for Spending Cuts - December 8th, 2016
- ISIS Kills Dozens, Nears Syrian City of Palmyra - December 8th, 2016
- Human Rights Watch: US May Be Complicit in Saudi War Crimes in Yemen - December 8th, 2016
- No Evidence, But Pentagon Tries to Convince Turkey Iran Killed Their Troops - December 8th, 2016