It doesn’t get anywhere near the coverage that the various other wars do, but nine years in the US war in the Philippines, aimed at helping the Philippines government crush Muslim separatists, shows no sign of ending. Some 600 special forces troops are in the country, and there is no indication they’ll be leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Suicide Bombers Hit Afghan Shi'ite Mosques, Killing 72 - October 20th, 2017
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017