It doesn’t get anywhere near the coverage that the various other wars do, but nine years in the US war in the Philippines, aimed at helping the Philippines government crush Muslim separatists, shows no sign of ending. Some 600 special forces troops are in the country, and there is no indication they’ll be leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Warns Russian Missile Might Violate Missile Treaty - December 15th, 2017
- US Allegations of Iran Missiles in Yemen Met With Skepticism - December 15th, 2017
- Mattis: North Korean Missiles Not a 'Capable Threat' Against US - December 15th, 2017
- Israeli Troops Kill Four Palestinians, Wound 160 at Friday Protests - December 15th, 2017
- Trump Allies: Tillerson Hasn't Learned His Lesson - December 15th, 2017