It doesn’t get anywhere near the coverage that the various other wars do, but nine years in the US war in the Philippines, aimed at helping the Philippines government crush Muslim separatists, shows no sign of ending. Some 600 special forces troops are in the country, and there is no indication they’ll be leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Cites Saudi Deception of Khashoggi, But Defends 'Strong' Crown Prince - October 21st, 2018
- Over 170 Casualties in Afghan Election Attacks - October 20th, 2018
- Pentagon Cancels Major Aerial Wargames With South Korea - October 19th, 2018
- Saudi King Gives Trump Room to Avoid Acting Over Killing of Journalist - October 19th, 2018
- US Airstrikes Kill 32 Civilians in Eastern Syria - October 19th, 2018