It doesn’t get anywhere near the coverage that the various other wars do, but nine years in the US war in the Philippines, aimed at helping the Philippines government crush Muslim separatists, shows no sign of ending. Some 600 special forces troops are in the country, and there is no indication they’ll be leaving.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017
- United Arab Emirates: Qatar Faces Fresh Sanctions, 'Permanent Isolation' - June 28th, 2017
- Senate Committee Passes $700 Billion Military Spending Bill - June 28th, 2017
- Mattis: Syria Fight Will Only Get More Complicated After Raqqa Is Captured - June 28th, 2017
- Mattis Claims White House Threat to Syria 'Worked' - June 28th, 2017