It fits poorly with the official US narrative that the man they assassinated today, Anwar Awlaki, was some high profile terror mastermind, but the US-born cleric was never even a member of al-Qaeda or its Yemeni affiliate. Indeed, he only ever appeared in one AQAP video, and that was as an interview guest.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Red Cross to Send 'Test Shipment' of Rice to Northern Yemen - August 16th, 2017
- Report: Saudis Increasing Yemen Airstrikes, Killing More Civilians - August 16th, 2017
- US: Saudi Arabia, Bahrain Fail to Respect Religious Freedom - August 16th, 2017
- In US-Backed Kurdish Invasion of Raqqa, Arab Allies Struggle to Find a Role - August 16th, 2017
- Syria Shifts War Focus to ISIS-Held Eastern Territory - August 16th, 2017