It fits poorly with the official US narrative that the man they assassinated today, Anwar Awlaki, was some high profile terror mastermind, but the US-born cleric was never even a member of al-Qaeda or its Yemeni affiliate. Indeed, he only ever appeared in one AQAP video, and that was as an interview guest.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Study: ISIS Only Amounts to Half of US Terror Suspects in Recent Years - December 6th, 2016
- Trump: Air Force One Costs Out of Control, Order Should Be Canceled - December 6th, 2016
- IAEA Confirms Iran Exported Excess Heavy Water - December 6th, 2016
- Trump to End Regime Changes, Focus on Fighting ISIS - December 6th, 2016
- ISIS Shifts Defenses to East Mosul as More Iraqi Forces Arrive - December 6th, 2016