In July, it was revealed that while trying to track down Osama bin Laden the CIA set up a phony vaccination program to collect children’s DNA. Afterwards, real aid agencies reported that they were facing restrictions on movement inside Pakistan.
And it just keeps getting worse. With US-Pakistan relations near a breaking point and concerns of CIA operatives everywhere, the Save the Children group announced it was forced to evacuate several members of its staff.
The concern wasn’t just that they were being restricted from humanitarian operations, but that the CIA scheme had implicated their program as well, and they were concerned the Pakistani military spy agency would arrest them.
Save the Children insists they had no idea about the CIA’s scheme, which apparently used the organization’s name as cover to set up shop in Abbottabad. The doctor at the heart of the CIA’s phony program also attended Save the Children training sessions previously.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Officials Trying to Finalize Legal Language to Expand Gitmo's Use - August 20th, 2017
- White House Continues to Talk Up 'Preventative War' Against North Korea - August 20th, 2017
- Trump Elevates US Cyber Command to a Formal Military Command - August 20th, 2017
- Abbas: After 20 Meetings I Still Don't Understand Trump's Peace Plan - August 20th, 2017
- Lebanon's Army Advances Deep Into ISIS-Held Border Territory - August 20th, 2017