In July, it was revealed that while trying to track down Osama bin Laden the CIA set up a phony vaccination program to collect children’s DNA. Afterwards, real aid agencies reported that they were facing restrictions on movement inside Pakistan.
And it just keeps getting worse. With US-Pakistan relations near a breaking point and concerns of CIA operatives everywhere, the Save the Children group announced it was forced to evacuate several members of its staff.
The concern wasn’t just that they were being restricted from humanitarian operations, but that the CIA scheme had implicated their program as well, and they were concerned the Pakistani military spy agency would arrest them.
Save the Children insists they had no idea about the CIA’s scheme, which apparently used the organization’s name as cover to set up shop in Abbottabad. The doctor at the heart of the CIA’s phony program also attended Save the Children training sessions previously.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Koreas' Olympic Détente Upends US Strategy - January 17th, 2018
- Saudis Transfer $2 Billion to Prop Up Yemeni Allies' Currency - January 17th, 2018
- World Economic Forum Survey Sees More War in 2018 - January 17th, 2018
- Syrian Kurds Urge UN Action to Prevent Turkish Invasion - January 17th, 2018
- Turkey Says Will Attack Unless US Withdraws Support for Syrian Kurds - January 17th, 2018