The international response to humanitarian crises is increasingly seen as “intrusive and disempowering” by communities caught up in disasters, according to the World Disasters Report by the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies. In some of the worst humanitarian situations in the world, western emergency aid is shown to leave societies dependent worse off.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013