The growing use of foot patrols by US troops in occupied Afghanistan is leading to a dramatic increase in severe injuries from bombing attacks, with officials conceding that the number of troops needing amputations is up sharply over the past two years.
Military doctors said that while severity of injuries is on the rise, the number who die of their wounds are dropping somewhat.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Beheads 11, Mostly Soldiers, in Central Libya Checkpoint Attack - August 23rd, 2017
- Nearly 3,500 Israeli Settlement Homes Built on Private Palestinian Land - August 23rd, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Destroys Yemen Hotel, Kills at Least 60 - August 23rd, 2017
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017