The growing use of foot patrols by US troops in occupied Afghanistan is leading to a dramatic increase in severe injuries from bombing attacks, with officials conceding that the number of troops needing amputations is up sharply over the past two years.
Military doctors said that while severity of injuries is on the rise, the number who die of their wounds are dropping somewhat.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Airstrike in Northern Syria Kills 20 Civilians, Mostly Children - March 21st, 2018
- Britain, Russia Continue to Trade Accusations Over Salisbury Poisoning - March 21st, 2018
- US, North Korea, and South Korea Hold Constructive Talks in Finland - March 21st, 2018
- Israel Publicly Admits 2007 Attack on Syria 'Nuclear Reactor' - March 21st, 2018
- Trump Pushes Europe on Iran Deal, But May Kill Deal Either Way - March 21st, 2018