The growing use of foot patrols by US troops in occupied Afghanistan is leading to a dramatic increase in severe injuries from bombing attacks, with officials conceding that the number of troops needing amputations is up sharply over the past two years.
Military doctors said that while severity of injuries is on the rise, the number who die of their wounds are dropping somewhat.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrike Kills Six Civilians, Mostly Children, in North Yemen - October 18th, 2017
- Kurdish Independence at Risk Amid Iraqi Offensive - October 18th, 2017
- Catalonia Will Declare Independence If Spain Suspends Autonomy - October 18th, 2017