The growing use of foot patrols by US troops in occupied Afghanistan is leading to a dramatic increase in severe injuries from bombing attacks, with officials conceding that the number of troops needing amputations is up sharply over the past two years.
Military doctors said that while severity of injuries is on the rise, the number who die of their wounds are dropping somewhat.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Mounting Tensions Drive Arms Sales to Multi-Decade High - December 17th, 2017
- US Commandos Participate in Thousands of Afghan Ground Operations - December 17th, 2017
- Israeli Crackdowns, Arrests Fail to Stop Jerusalem Protests - December 17th, 2017
- Aid Groups Warn Sanctions Are Hampering North Korea Operations - December 17th, 2017
- US Intel Thwarted Major Attack in Russia - December 17th, 2017