The growing use of foot patrols by US troops in occupied Afghanistan is leading to a dramatic increase in severe injuries from bombing attacks, with officials conceding that the number of troops needing amputations is up sharply over the past two years.
Military doctors said that while severity of injuries is on the rise, the number who die of their wounds are dropping somewhat.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018
- Syrian Rebel City of Nawa Surrenders After Intense Airstrikes - July 18th, 2018
- Trump: Russia Doesn't Pose a Threat to US - July 18th, 2018
- Russia Urges UN to Mull Easing North Korea Sanctions Amid Diplomatic Progress - July 18th, 2018
- Israel Approves Jewish Nation-State Law in Narrow Vote - July 18th, 2018