Since 9/11, peaceful activists with dissident views have increasingly been swept up into terrorist watch lists and are surveilled by the federal government and law enforcement agencies. Such developments not only raise civil liberties issues, but also raise questions about how open our supposedly open system of government really is, with over-classification becoming policy. Antiwar.com, yours truly, got caught up in the mess of being targeted by the government for exercising free speech when it was revealed that we were assessed by the FBI.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013