You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- NATO Sends Warships to Try to Keep Refugees Out of Europe - February 11th, 2016
- Saudis Confirm Plans to Send Ground Troops to Syria - February 11th, 2016
- Saudi Arabia Orders Humanitarian Aid Groups Out of Northern Yemen - February 11th, 2016
- Pentagon: US 'Significantly' Increases Airstrikes Against ISIS in Afghanistan - February 11th, 2016
- US: NATO Exploring Possibility of Joining ISIS War - February 11th, 2016