You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Police Provocations Continue, Ferguson Protests Remain Peaceful - August 19th, 2014
- Iraq's New PM, Like Maliki, Defined by Years of Sectarianism - August 19th, 2014
- Neither Obama Nor Congress Eager for Vote on Iraq - August 19th, 2014
- Israeli Airstrikes on Gaza Kill Woman, Two-Year-Old Girl - August 19th, 2014
- Pakistani Military Takes Red Zone as Protests Near Parliament - August 19th, 2014