You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017