You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Crossing, Aims to Cut Kobani Off From Reinforcements - October 25th, 2014
- Kurds Hype ISIS Threats With Eye on US Escalation - October 24th, 2014
- In Kobani, Kurds See War of Attrition - October 24th, 2014
- Rebels Urge US Intervention as Syrian Forces Near Aleppo - October 24th, 2014
- Pentagon: Iraq Won't Attempt to Retake Mosul for a Year - October 24th, 2014