You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trapped in Fallujah, Residents Fear Long Battle - May 27th, 2016
- Pentagon Seeks Increased Military Ties With Vietnam - May 27th, 2016
- IAEA: Iran Continues to Comply With Nuclear Deal - May 27th, 2016
- US Claims ISIS Commander, Dozens of Fighters Killed in Fallujah Strikes - May 27th, 2016
- Putin Warns of Response to Poland, Romania Hosting US Missile Defense - May 27th, 2016