You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran Rules Out Renegotiating P5+1 Nuclear Deal - January 15th, 2017
- Iraq Makes Gains in Eastern Mosul, Seizing University - January 15th, 2017
- US-Led Airstrikes Kill Dozens of Civilians in Mosul - January 15th, 2017
- Trump Suggests Lifting Russia Sanctions for Nuclear Arms Cut - January 15th, 2017
- Scores Killed as ISIS Advances in Syria's Deir Ezzor - January 15th, 2017