You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Centcom Commander: US Will Protect Itself From Iran in 'Arabian Gulf' - August 30th, 2016
- US Welcomes Brief Pause in Fighting Between Turkish Troops, Syrian Kurds - August 30th, 2016
- Islamist Rebels Capture Key Christian Town in Western Syria - August 30th, 2016
- UN Coordinator: At Least 10,000 Killed in Yemen War - August 30th, 2016
- Bombs Hit Vegetable Market in Northern Syria City of Idlib - August 30th, 2016