You remember the massive US embassy in Iraq? The one that’s like two acres smaller than the entire Vatican City State? It’s getting bigger.
With the State Department now looking to house a whole army of contractors in the embassy, some 16,000 personnel above and beyond whatever military the administration decides to leave, they are finding this city-sized embassy annoyingly small.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukraine's Eastern Invasion Stalls, Troops Withdraw From Slovyansk - April 16th, 2014
- NATO Chief: More Troops, More Planes for Eastern Europe - April 16th, 2014
- White House Vows More Russia Sanctions Over Ukraine - April 16th, 2014
- Since US Handover, Afghans Freed 4,159 Detainees From Bagram - April 16th, 2014
- Obama Aims to Reassure Pacific Allies on 'Asia Pivot' - April 16th, 2014