Three years ago the Maliki government heralded the handover of the Baghdad Green Zone by announcing a new holiday called Sovereignty Day. He promised to open the zone to the public with a luxury hotel and a golf resort promised. Today, The Atlantic looks back at another promise unfulfilled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018