Three years ago the Maliki government heralded the handover of the Baghdad Green Zone by announcing a new holiday called Sovereignty Day. He promised to open the zone to the public with a luxury hotel and a golf resort promised. Today, The Atlantic looks back at another promise unfulfilled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Russian, Syrian Airstrikes in Aleppo Province Displace Hundreds - December 12th, 2017
- Congress Ignores Trump's Iran Deal Deadline - December 12th, 2017
- Two Islamic Jihad Militants Killed in Gaza Blast - December 12th, 2017
- Trump Signs $692 Billion Military Spending Bill - December 12th, 2017
- USAID Chief: No Sign Saudis Easing Yemen Blockade - December 12th, 2017