Three years ago the Maliki government heralded the handover of the Baghdad Green Zone by announcing a new holiday called Sovereignty Day. He promised to open the zone to the public with a luxury hotel and a golf resort promised. Today, The Atlantic looks back at another promise unfulfilled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Kills Top Afghan Officials in Insider Attack - October 18th, 2018
- US, Israel Send Secret Delegation to Ukraine to Train Against S-300 - October 17th, 2018
- Koreans Hold Talks With UN on Demilitarizing the Border - October 17th, 2018
- Pentagon Exaggerates ISIS Foreign Fighter Estimates to Justify Staying in Syria - October 17th, 2018
- Afghan Candidate Killed by Bomb Under His Office Chair - October 17th, 2018