Three years ago the Maliki government heralded the handover of the Baghdad Green Zone by announcing a new holiday called Sovereignty Day. He promised to open the zone to the public with a luxury hotel and a golf resort promised. Today, The Atlantic looks back at another promise unfulfilled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- North Korea 'Threat' to Guam Greatly Overblown - August 15th, 2017
- South Korean President Says He Can Veto War Against North Korea - August 15th, 2017
- ICC Issues Warrant for Ally of Libyan Gen. Hafter for War Crimes - August 15th, 2017
- Taliban Open Letter Urges Trump to Withdraw US Troops From Afghanistan - August 15th, 2017
- Iran Threatens to Quit Nuclear Deal If US Keeps Adding Sanctions - August 15th, 2017