Three years ago the Maliki government heralded the handover of the Baghdad Green Zone by announcing a new holiday called Sovereignty Day. He promised to open the zone to the public with a luxury hotel and a golf resort promised. Today, The Atlantic looks back at another promise unfulfilled.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-South Korea Spring War Games to Be Scaled Back This Year - March 21st, 2018
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018