Speaking today on behalf of the National Transitional Council (NTC), Libyan rebel prime minister Mahmoud Jabril warned that the civil war in Libya is far from over, and demanded all rebel factions unite behind the NTC to defeat the Gadhafi regime remnants.
At the same time, Jabril warned rival rebel groups against “political games,” a reference to the growing discontent among rebels, particularly in the West, at the NTC’s decision to appoint Gadhafi allies to key positions.
The NTC’s efforts to keep rebel factions focused on Gadhafi speaks to growing predictions from analysts that, with the anti-Gadhafi civil war all but over, Libya could quickly descend into a second civil war, with various factions fighting it out over who will rule.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017