Speaking today on behalf of the National Transitional Council (NTC), Libyan rebel prime minister Mahmoud Jabril warned that the civil war in Libya is far from over, and demanded all rebel factions unite behind the NTC to defeat the Gadhafi regime remnants.
At the same time, Jabril warned rival rebel groups against “political games,” a reference to the growing discontent among rebels, particularly in the West, at the NTC’s decision to appoint Gadhafi allies to key positions.
The NTC’s efforts to keep rebel factions focused on Gadhafi speaks to growing predictions from analysts that, with the anti-Gadhafi civil war all but over, Libya could quickly descend into a second civil war, with various factions fighting it out over who will rule.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump to Boost Exports of Lethal US Drones - March 20th, 2018
- Tests of Substance in Britain Poisoning Will Take Three Weeks - March 20th, 2018
- Iraq Approves Turkish Military Operations Against Border Kurds - March 20th, 2018
- Trump Praises Visiting Saudi Crown Prince, Focusing on Arms Sales - March 20th, 2018
- Cordial Talks Between Trump and Putin; Two Will Meet Soon - March 20th, 2018