Speaking today on behalf of the National Transitional Council (NTC), Libyan rebel prime minister Mahmoud Jabril warned that the civil war in Libya is far from over, and demanded all rebel factions unite behind the NTC to defeat the Gadhafi regime remnants.
At the same time, Jabril warned rival rebel groups against “political games,” a reference to the growing discontent among rebels, particularly in the West, at the NTC’s decision to appoint Gadhafi allies to key positions.
The NTC’s efforts to keep rebel factions focused on Gadhafi speaks to growing predictions from analysts that, with the anti-Gadhafi civil war all but over, Libya could quickly descend into a second civil war, with various factions fighting it out over who will rule.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda Fighters Kill 22 Syrian Troops Near Idlib - November 16th, 2018
- US Opposes UNGA Resolution Calling on Israel to Return Golan Heights - November 16th, 2018
- US to Accuse Iran of Capacity to Violate Chemical Weapons Ban - November 16th, 2018
- Israel Coalition Falters as Netanyahu Takes Top Positions - November 16th, 2018
- Report: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Murder - November 16th, 2018