Speaking today on behalf of the National Transitional Council (NTC), Libyan rebel prime minister Mahmoud Jabril warned that the civil war in Libya is far from over, and demanded all rebel factions unite behind the NTC to defeat the Gadhafi regime remnants.
At the same time, Jabril warned rival rebel groups against “political games,” a reference to the growing discontent among rebels, particularly in the West, at the NTC’s decision to appoint Gadhafi allies to key positions.
The NTC’s efforts to keep rebel factions focused on Gadhafi speaks to growing predictions from analysts that, with the anti-Gadhafi civil war all but over, Libya could quickly descend into a second civil war, with various factions fighting it out over who will rule.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Again Gets Caught Up in Prediction of Syria Victory 'by Tonight' - March 21st, 2019
- Pompeo Threatens to Curb Israel Ties Over Growing Israeli Trade With China - March 21st, 2019
- Bolton Vows Action Against Venezuela's Maduro, Says 'the Window Is Closing' - March 21st, 2019
- Pentagon Sends B-52 Bombers to Europe for Exercises Amid Tensions With Russia - March 21st, 2019
- Trump Endorses Israeli Annexation of Golan Heights - March 21st, 2019