The US State Department has issued a “worldwide travel alert” cautioning Americans any place on the planet to be careful about their travel, and insisting that terrorist organizations might like to carry out an attack against them.
At the same time, Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano admitted that there is no “credible intelligence” pointing to any attack plots coming on 9/11, and that the heightened state of vigilance doesn’t coincide with any specific plots.
The State Department warning likewise conceded that there were no “specific threats,” but appeared reluctant to allow that to stop them from issuing a headline grabbing warning.
The latest Gallup poll shows fewer Americans are caught up in the notion that a massive terror attack is coming “over the next several weeks,” with only 38% seeing it as Very or Somewhat Likely to be the case, a major dropoff.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018