A new report (PDF) from Lancet details the toll that suicide bombings have taken on Iraqis since the 2003 US invasion. They report 12,284 people have dead from suicide attacks alone. 30,644 others were wounded.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- New US Commander in Afghanistan Claims Progress, Warns Against Pullout - June 19th, 2018
- US Withdraws From UN Human Rights Council, Citing Approach to Israel - June 19th, 2018
- Saudi-led Forces Seize Parts of Yemen's Hodeidah Airport in Heavy Fighting - June 19th, 2018
- Brief Afghan Ceasefire Ends With a Return to War - June 18th, 2018
- After Kurds' Exit, US and Turkey Patrol Near Syria's Manbij - June 18th, 2018