Most of the Western media is still savoring what parody site The Onion termed the “month or so of Libya seeming like a symbol of freedom,” but Deutsche Welle is one of the first to give serious consideration to the inevitable collapse of the rebel regime, and what this “new phase of lawlessness and chaos” might look like.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran: European Proposals Not Enough to Save Nuclear Deal - June 19th, 2018
- Kim and China's President Xi Talk Denuclearization, Peace in Korea - June 19th, 2018
- New US Commander in Afghanistan Claims Progress, Warns Against Pullout - June 19th, 2018
- US Withdraws From UN Human Rights Council, Citing Approach to Israel - June 19th, 2018
- Saudi-led Forces Seize Parts of Yemen's Hodeidah Airport in Heavy Fighting - June 19th, 2018