A new article from Reuters/AlterNet details how both al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), a group repeatedly declared defeated, and a collection of rival Shi’ite miitias are combining to bring Iraq toward a new sectarian conflict.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Netanyahu Denies Any Deals Reached Limiting Settlement Expansion - March 26th, 2017
- US General: 5,000 More Troops Needed for Afghanistan - March 26th, 2017
- Defense Secretary Seeks Deeper US Involvement in Yemen War - March 26th, 2017
- Syria Threatens Scud Strikes If Israel Attacks Again - March 26th, 2017
- US Troops Capture Syrian Military Airbase Near Raqqa - March 26th, 2017