A new article from Reuters/AlterNet details how both al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), a group repeatedly declared defeated, and a collection of rival Shi’ite miitias are combining to bring Iraq toward a new sectarian conflict.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN 'Horrified' by Libya Slave Auctions - November 20th, 2017
- Israeli Energy Minister Confirms Covert Ties With Saudi Govt - November 20th, 2017
- US Sanctions European Companies Over Iran 'Counterfeiting Scheme' - November 20th, 2017
- US Airstrikes Target Taliban Opium Labs - November 20th, 2017
- Trump to Declare North Korea a State Sponsor of Terrorism - November 20th, 2017