A new article from Reuters/AlterNet details how both al-Qaeda in Iraq (AQI), a group repeatedly declared defeated, and a collection of rival Shi’ite miitias are combining to bring Iraq toward a new sectarian conflict.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Faces Showdown With Congress Over Saudi Arms Deal - May 28th, 2017
- Mattis: US Intends No ISIS to Survive the War - May 28th, 2017
- Congressional Hawks Expect Battle for Military Spending Hikes - May 28th, 2017
- Israel Jails Palestinians Who 'Fit the Terrorist Profile' - May 28th, 2017
- Palestinian Detainees End Hunger Strike, Claim Major Concessions Made - May 28th, 2017