At least two more people were killed today and several others wounded as Israeli warplanes pounded the Gaza Strip, leaving the ceasefire they agreed to just days before very much in doubt. Among the slan was a member of the Islamic Jihad militant faction.
In addition, Palestinian medical workers discovered the body of another person, a 65 year old man who was slain in a tank shelling attack over the past few days. This brings the toll of recent attacks to at least six.
A handful of rockets were reported fired out of the Gaza Strip as well, though as usual they did very little in the way of damage. One Israeli child was reported “lightly wounded” on her hand when one of the rockets hit an empty car near Ashkelon.
It was unclear which militant faction was responsible for the Gaza rockets, but it is unlikely to be Hamas, who Israeli officials have repeatedly said they believe are trying to avoid further escalation.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ceasefire Announced for Part of Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Will Expel All Kurds From Border Unless Deal Reached With US - March 22nd, 2018
- Pentagon: Nukes Will Be Useless Without New Plutonium Cores - March 22nd, 2018
- State Dept. Announces $1 Billion in New Arms Sales to Saudis - March 22nd, 2018
- Mattis Says Saudis 'Part of the Solution' in Yemen - March 22nd, 2018