WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s former “right-hand man” Daniel Domscheit-Berg didn’t just leave the organization last year, he also claims to have destroyed some 3,500 unpublished files, including the complete US no-fly list and 5 GB of Bank of America documents.
Domscheit-Berg insisted he did so because he didn’t trust Assange to handle the documents responsibly. WikiLeaks has condemned the move, saying it “spits on every courageous whistleblower who leaked data,” adding “leak organizations don’t destroy information whistleblowers risked their lives to leak.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Two Koreas, UN Command Agree to Withdraw All Arms From Truce Village - October 22nd, 2018
- NATO Sends 50,000 Troops to Largest Exercise Since Cold War - October 22nd, 2018
- Bolton Visits Moscow, Denies Plans to Blackmail Russia Over Nuclear Treaty - October 22nd, 2018
- CIA Has Heard Audio Recording of Khashoggi's Death - October 22nd, 2018
- Trump 'Not Satisfied' After Talking With Saudi Crown Prince - October 22nd, 2018