WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s former “right-hand man” Daniel Domscheit-Berg didn’t just leave the organization last year, he also claims to have destroyed some 3,500 unpublished files, including the complete US no-fly list and 5 GB of Bank of America documents.
Domscheit-Berg insisted he did so because he didn’t trust Assange to handle the documents responsibly. WikiLeaks has condemned the move, saying it “spits on every courageous whistleblower who leaked data,” adding “leak organizations don’t destroy information whistleblowers risked their lives to leak.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Drone Strikes Kill 31 People in Pakistan Tribal Areas - October 17th, 2017
- Catalonia Won't Renounce Independence, Despite Looming Deadline - October 17th, 2017
- Pentagon May Stop Training Iraqis Amid Kurdish Conflict - October 17th, 2017
- Kurdish Forces Abandon Territory In Face of Iraqi Offensive - October 17th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Declare Victory in Raqqa, But Face Complicated Peace - October 17th, 2017