WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s former “right-hand man” Daniel Domscheit-Berg didn’t just leave the organization last year, he also claims to have destroyed some 3,500 unpublished files, including the complete US no-fly list and 5 GB of Bank of America documents.
Domscheit-Berg insisted he did so because he didn’t trust Assange to handle the documents responsibly. WikiLeaks has condemned the move, saying it “spits on every courageous whistleblower who leaked data,” adding “leak organizations don’t destroy information whistleblowers risked their lives to leak.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Supplied Arms Often Ended Up in ISIS Hands - December 14th, 2017
- White House Corrects Tillerson, Rejects North Korea Talks - December 13th, 2017
- White House Accuses Abbas of 'Preventing Peace' With Criticism - December 13th, 2017
- US Expected to Sanction Iran Because of Worsening Conditions in Yemen - December 13th, 2017
- Saudi Airstrikes Against Yemen Capital Kill 39 - December 13th, 2017