WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange’s former “right-hand man” Daniel Domscheit-Berg didn’t just leave the organization last year, he also claims to have destroyed some 3,500 unpublished files, including the complete US no-fly list and 5 GB of Bank of America documents.
Domscheit-Berg insisted he did so because he didn’t trust Assange to handle the documents responsibly. WikiLeaks has condemned the move, saying it “spits on every courageous whistleblower who leaked data,” adding “leak organizations don’t destroy information whistleblowers risked their lives to leak.”
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles to Find Destinations for ISIS Detainees in Syria - July 18th, 2018
- Syrian Rebel City of Nawa Surrenders After Intense Airstrikes - July 18th, 2018
- Trump: Russia Doesn't Pose a Threat to US - July 18th, 2018
- Russia Urges UN to Mull Easing North Korea Sanctions Amid Diplomatic Progress - July 18th, 2018
- Israel Approves Jewish Nation-State Law in Narrow Vote - July 18th, 2018