The decade since 9/11 saw a massive expansion of the Pentagon’s capacities and the defense industry’s profits. In the past, such wartime expansions subsequently shrank for peacetime, and the military industrial complex is preparing for cutbacks. But another thing 9/11 brought was advanced weapons and strategies for a new non-state enemy, which could be a recipe for continued expansion and forever war.
Last 5 posts by John Glaser
- Contra GOP, Obama Is Not Rolling Back Terror War - May 26th, 2013
- House Committee Prohibits Pentagon Base Closures - May 23rd, 2013
- Code Pink's Medea Benjamin Interrupts Obama Speech - May 23rd, 2013
- Obama Admits US Killed 4 Americans in Drone War - May 22nd, 2013
- CIA to Continue Waging Drone War in Pakistan - May 21st, 2013