Former White House Counterterrorism Czar Richard A. Clarke is accusing the CIA of conducting a massive cover-up in the leadup to 9/11 over their failure to recruit two al-Qaeda terrorists who eventually became 9/11 hijackers. Clarke says the CIA deliberately withheld the identities of the two from the White House, even though they were living in Southern California under their own names, to avoid embarrassment.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Capture of Iraq's Amerli Fuels Fear of Revenge Killings - September 1st, 2014
- Vaunted 'Secular Rebels' Annoyed They Are Left Out of US Plans for Syria - September 1st, 2014
- Ukraine Hypes 'Great War': 'Worst Since WW2' - September 1st, 2014
- Tripoli Falls: Libya No Longer Controls Most Government Buildings - September 1st, 2014
- Afghan Power-Sharing Talks Collapse as Karzai Retires - September 1st, 2014