Officials Deny Intelligence Failure
As the city of Mumbai continues to recover from the damage suffered during yesterday’s attack, the Indian government is struggling to simultaneously defend itself from criticism over allowing such a major attack.
To that end, officials insist that they intend to bring those responsible for the attacks to justice, even though they have no idea who that might be. Indeed, they have absolutely no leads whatsoever on the attacks.
Despite having no advance warning of the attacks (apart from some previous reports about something happening in Mumbai) officials say that the lack of intelligence did not amount to an intelligence failure.
The attacks have been seen by many as an attempt to disrupt the peace talks between India and Pakistan, which restarted only last month. The major 2008 Mumbai attacks ended all talks for nearly two years and left India threatening war.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Erdogan: Russian Plane Downed Defending 'Our Brothers in Syria' - November 25th, 2015
- Turkish PM Warns Russia Not to Attack Syrian Turkmens - November 25th, 2015
- Syrian Rebels Make Intensive Use of US Missiles - November 25th, 2015
- Russia Pounds Al-Qaeda Sites in Northern Syria - November 25th, 2015
- Obama to Americans: No Threats Credible Unless I Tell You About Them - November 25th, 2015