Speaking today on CBS’ Face the Nation, Senator Lindsey Graham (R – SC) said “we are getting very close” to the time when the United States would attack Syria, and that “now is the time to let Assad know that all options are on the table.”
Graham cited the illegal war in Libya as a basis for the potential war in Syria, saying that Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and Syria’s Bashar Assad are “indistinguishable” and that both wars make sense.
Graham had previously been involved in a joint statement calling on President Obama to demand Assad immediately resign. Graham was also an outspoken supporter of the attack on Libya, and indeed of the ongoing occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Graham’s eye for new targets didn’t end with Syria, however. Later in the interview he also urged President Obama to “use more aggressive military force” against Pakistani territory, saying the nation is on “a collision course” with Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- White House Assembling a Team for Upcoming North Korea Summit - March 16th, 2018
- US Shifts Toward Harsher Stance on Russia With Sanctions and Condemnation - March 16th, 2018
- Putin Furious After Britain Says He Ordered Attack - March 16th, 2018
- Cluster Bombs Reportedly Dropped on Syria's Eastern Ghouta - March 16th, 2018
- Turkey Attacks Hospital in Syria's Afrin, Killing Nine - March 16th, 2018