Speaking today on CBS’ Face the Nation, Senator Lindsey Graham (R – SC) said “we are getting very close” to the time when the United States would attack Syria, and that “now is the time to let Assad know that all options are on the table.”
Graham cited the illegal war in Libya as a basis for the potential war in Syria, saying that Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi and Syria’s Bashar Assad are “indistinguishable” and that both wars make sense.
Graham had previously been involved in a joint statement calling on President Obama to demand Assad immediately resign. Graham was also an outspoken supporter of the attack on Libya, and indeed of the ongoing occupations of Iraq and Afghanistan.
Graham’s eye for new targets didn’t end with Syria, however. Later in the interview he also urged President Obama to “use more aggressive military force” against Pakistani territory, saying the nation is on “a collision course” with Pakistan.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cluster Bomb Attack Against East Syrian Village Kills at Least 30 Civilians - June 28th, 2017
- Russia: Trump and Putin Probably Should Talk During Hamburg Summit - June 28th, 2017
- US Special Forces Deployed to Kurdish City on Turkish Border - June 28th, 2017
- ISIS Looks to Expand Presence in Northern Afghanistan - June 28th, 2017
- South Korea Leader Reverses Stance, Now Backs Trump Against North Korea - June 28th, 2017