The ongoing revolution in Libya has once again captured the vast majority of the media coverage across the world, but the protests across the rest of the Eastern Hemisphere haven’t slowed down at all, and in many cases have picked up.
Here is a roundup of the protests across the region once again.
- Morocco: Protesters are organizing a Sunday rally.
- Algeria: Growing protests and strikes across the nation.
- Ivory Coast: Violent crackdown on protesters.
- Tunisia: Protesters ousted the prime minister this week.
- Libya: Still the big story, obviously.
- Egypt: Protesters remain in Tahrir Square, new PM appointed.
- Jordan: Protesters continue to demand king give up some powers.
- Iraq: Protests in every major city today.
- Yemen: Violent crackdowns in the north as massive protests continue.
- Saudi Arabia: Protests are starting to get going in the Shi’ite regions.
- Bahrain: Major protests continue, regime warns patience wearing thin.
- Oman: Protests in Oman are small but growing.
- Iran: Reports of protesters arrested by plain clothes police.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018