A pair of US drone strikes in North Waziristan Agency have killed at least seven people, and according to some reports as many as 10, in the Datta Khel district, the latest in a flurry of attacks over the past few days.
According to reports, the first strike destroyed a house in the district, killing everyone inside. Later, another drone attacked a vehicle driving toward what was left of the house, killing everyone in that.
Once again officials have confirmed that they have no idea of the identities of anyone slain in the strike, though Pakistani officials termed them all “suspected militants.” The US, as always, provided no comment on the killings.
The lastest string of attacks suggest that the nearly month long lull in assassinations in the wake of the arrest of top CIA official Raymond Davis for murder on the streets of Lahore has come to an end, and that the policy is back in full swing.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Multiple Bombings Kill 40 Across Pakistan - June 23rd, 2017
- Obama Ordered Cyberweapons Implanted Into Russia's Infrastructure - June 23rd, 2017
- Pakistan: We Won't Tolerate Drone Strikes on Our Soil - June 22nd, 2017
- Iraq PM: Destruction of Mosul Mosque Proves ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017
- Turkey: US Promised to Take Back Kurds' Arms After ISIS Is Defeated - June 22nd, 2017