In one of the more entertaining stories to come out of the WikiLeaks Cablegate, website All News Web is reporting that they got access to an as-yet-unreleased cable which was amongst the ones Julian Assange confirmed previously mentioned UFOs.
According to the site, the cable is dated November 9, 2005 and is connected to the Kiev embassy. It admonishes embassy officials not to discuss “under any circumstances” the military’s policy toward UFOs.
The report also says that the cable specifically mentions Department of Defense “concerns” related to the possibility of UFOs entering orbit and warns officials not to confirm that the US commits resources to the possibility.
Given the reports from other countries related to their own secret UFO files, it is perhaps unsurprising that the Pentagon, which seems to have an endless array of interests, would be spending some of its record budget planning for some sort of bizarre space invasion scenario. The more interesting aspect is that the State Department was so obsessed with secrecy that they actually took time to caution officials not to “confirm” it in off-the-record conversations.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Kurds Urge UN Action to Prevent Turkish Invasion - January 17th, 2018
- Turkey Says Will Attack Unless US Withdraws Support for Syrian Kurds - January 17th, 2018
- Tillerson Threatens Military Action Against North Korea - January 17th, 2018
- Tillerson: US Military Presence in Syria 'Open-Ended,' Will Ensure Regime Change - January 17th, 2018
- US Navy: Collision Ship Commanders Could Be Charged With Homicide - January 16th, 2018