The FBI’s determination to find some sort of link between domestic antiwar organizations in the Midwest and foreign terrorist organizations seems to be picking up again in recent days, as attorneys say a number of additional subpoenas have been issued for the grand jury invetigation.
The investigation began three months ago when the FBI began conducting raids of the homes of a number of antiwar activists in Chicago and Minneapolis, claiming they were seeking evidence that the activists were providing “material support” for terrorism.
The investigations centered largely, but not exclusively, around Freedom Road Socialist Organization (FRSO), and centered around people critical of the Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories, as well as the US role in Colombia’s clashes with FARC.
Lawyers involved in the cases have condemned them as a fishing expedition, and a number of the subpoenaed activists have insisted that they don’t intend to actually turn up before the grand jury.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda Fighters Kill 22 Syrian Troops Near Idlib - November 16th, 2018
- US Opposes UNGA Resolution Calling on Israel to Return Golan Heights - November 16th, 2018
- US to Accuse Iran of Capacity to Violate Chemical Weapons Ban - November 16th, 2018
- Israel Coalition Falters as Netanyahu Takes Top Positions - November 16th, 2018
- Report: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Murder - November 16th, 2018