A report released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) warns that the threat of terrorism is becoming more diverse and is increasingly defying the preconceived notions of an “ethnic, economic, educational, or social profile.”
“We are seeing more Americans turning on their country,” warned Dr. Bruce Hoffman, one of the report’s authors, adding that the US has “no way of dealing with this growing problem” of radicalization.
In fact the report goes on to warn that al-Qaeda’s leadership is becoming “Americanized” and that previous assumptions about the threat the group posed needs to be reexamined.
US officials have been quick to see terror threats everywhere and this report (pdf) seems to back up that assessment, adding ammunition to the claims that virtually everyone in America is a potential terrorist and that the government has some vested interested in the increased mass surveillance of the American public.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Taliban Awash in US Arms, Vehicles, Complicate Afghan War - July 25th, 2017
- Blockading States Expand Qatar 'Terror' Blacklist - July 25th, 2017
- US SOCOM Chief Claims 60,000 to 70,000 ISIS Fighters Killed so Far - July 25th, 2017
- Trump Pledges Support for Lebanon's Anti-ISIS Push - July 25th, 2017
- Video Shows Six Minute Gunbattle in Which Jordan Guard Killed US Troops - July 25th, 2017