A report released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) warns that the threat of terrorism is becoming more diverse and is increasingly defying the preconceived notions of an “ethnic, economic, educational, or social profile.”
“We are seeing more Americans turning on their country,” warned Dr. Bruce Hoffman, one of the report’s authors, adding that the US has “no way of dealing with this growing problem” of radicalization.
In fact the report goes on to warn that al-Qaeda’s leadership is becoming “Americanized” and that previous assumptions about the threat the group posed needs to be reexamined.
US officials have been quick to see terror threats everywhere and this report (pdf) seems to back up that assessment, adding ammunition to the claims that virtually everyone in America is a potential terrorist and that the government has some vested interested in the increased mass surveillance of the American public.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Kurds Say Russian Warplanes Attacked Them - September 25th, 2017
- North Korea Says Trump Has Declared War, US Says No - September 25th, 2017
- Palestinian Authority to Convene in Gaza Amid Reconciliation Push - September 25th, 2017
- Spanish Officials Declare Catalonia Referendum 'Discredited' - September 25th, 2017
- Spain's Attorney General: Catalan President May Face Arrest - September 25th, 2017