A report released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) warns that the threat of terrorism is becoming more diverse and is increasingly defying the preconceived notions of an “ethnic, economic, educational, or social profile.”
“We are seeing more Americans turning on their country,” warned Dr. Bruce Hoffman, one of the report’s authors, adding that the US has “no way of dealing with this growing problem” of radicalization.
In fact the report goes on to warn that al-Qaeda’s leadership is becoming “Americanized” and that previous assumptions about the threat the group posed needs to be reexamined.
US officials have been quick to see terror threats everywhere and this report (pdf) seems to back up that assessment, adding ammunition to the claims that virtually everyone in America is a potential terrorist and that the government has some vested interested in the increased mass surveillance of the American public.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017
- As ISIS Loses Ground, US Is on a Collision Course With Syria and Iran - June 21st, 2017
- US, Russia Continue to Inch Toward Confrontation in Syria - June 21st, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Fires Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Over Arms Dealer Links - June 21st, 2017
- Saudis, Allies Have 'List of Demands' for Qatar - June 21st, 2017