A report released today by the Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) warns that the threat of terrorism is becoming more diverse and is increasingly defying the preconceived notions of an “ethnic, economic, educational, or social profile.”
“We are seeing more Americans turning on their country,” warned Dr. Bruce Hoffman, one of the report’s authors, adding that the US has “no way of dealing with this growing problem” of radicalization.
In fact the report goes on to warn that al-Qaeda’s leadership is becoming “Americanized” and that previous assumptions about the threat the group posed needs to be reexamined.
US officials have been quick to see terror threats everywhere and this report (pdf) seems to back up that assessment, adding ammunition to the claims that virtually everyone in America is a potential terrorist and that the government has some vested interested in the increased mass surveillance of the American public.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Cleric Sadr Calls for Delay in Forming Iraqi Govt as Protests Grow - July 19th, 2018
- Putin: Talks on Extending START Nuclear Treaty Must Start Now - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Invites Putin to White House for Second Summit - July 19th, 2018
- Afghan Defense Ministry Confirms Civilians Killed in Kunduz Airstrike - July 19th, 2018
- Trump Says Critics Badly Want War With Russia - July 19th, 2018