Reiterating an argument she had repeatedly made over the past week, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton again declared that Iran was in violation of the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).
Clinton warned that Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, heading to the United Nations for the NPT conference, would not be permitted to try to “change the story” from the administration’s repeated claims about Iran’s civilian nuclear program.
Despite the repeated claims to that effect, and the Obama Administration’s endless other allegations, the US has provided absolutely no evidence that Iran is in any way in violation of the NPT, but instead has refused to comply with UN Security Council demands to suspend its civilian enrichment program, something which has absolutely nothing to do with its NPT obligations.
While the Obama Administration has much bigger issues at the upcoming conference, they are certain to make time for claims about the Iranian civilian program.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Claims ISIS 'Rebuilding' in Syria as Turkey Invasion Distracts From Fight - March 19th, 2018
- Turkey's Erdogan Vows Wider Offensive Against US-Backed Syrian Kurds - March 19th, 2018
- Russia Demands British Apology as EU, NATO Express Solidarity With Britain - March 19th, 2018
- Trump, Kim Summit Likely to Be Held in DMZ Village - March 19th, 2018
- Afghan Special Forces Slaughter Farmers in Chaotic Errant Attack - March 19th, 2018