US drones launched a pair of missiles at a North Waziristan tribesman’s home today, killing at least four people and injuring two others. The attack was just outside of the main town of Miramshah
The identity of the people killed was not immediately clear. Pakistani intelligence sources said that the attack was aimed at “suspected Islamic militants,” while security sources say that they have absolutely no information to back that up.
It is the second US drone attack in the region this week: a Monday attack against a Haqqani family compound killed at least 14 people. Most US attacks in the region have targeted the Haqqanis, which US officials have been pressuring Pakistan to start a war against.
The Haqqani family has been accused of being involved in yesterday’s attack on the forward operating base in Afghanistan’s Khost Province, just opposite the North Waziristan border. The attack killed eight Americans, later identified as CIA agents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Struggles With Fighting Between Turkey, Syrian Kurds, Two Key Allies - January 22nd, 2018
- Turkey Escalates Attack on Syrian Kurds - January 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Kurds May Send Reinforcements to Afrin to Fight Turkey - January 22nd, 2018
- Facebook Will Use Surveys to Decide What Is 'Trustworthy' News - January 22nd, 2018
- Pence Praises 'the Miracle of Israel,' Pledges Embassy Move in 2019 - January 22nd, 2018