US drones launched a pair of missiles at a North Waziristan tribesman’s home today, killing at least four people and injuring two others. The attack was just outside of the main town of Miramshah
The identity of the people killed was not immediately clear. Pakistani intelligence sources said that the attack was aimed at “suspected Islamic militants,” while security sources say that they have absolutely no information to back that up.
It is the second US drone attack in the region this week: a Monday attack against a Haqqani family compound killed at least 14 people. Most US attacks in the region have targeted the Haqqanis, which US officials have been pressuring Pakistan to start a war against.
The Haqqani family has been accused of being involved in yesterday’s attack on the forward operating base in Afghanistan’s Khost Province, just opposite the North Waziristan border. The attack killed eight Americans, later identified as CIA agents.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Pentagon Hypes Taliban Body Counts to Try to Sell White House on Afghan War - September 20th, 2018
- South Yemen Separatists Vow to Continue Offensive Against Hodeidah Port - September 20th, 2018
- Kim, Moon End Inter-Korean Summit at Peak of Sacred North Korea Volcano - September 20th, 2018
- Kim Seeks Second Trump Summit to Speed Denuclearization - September 20th, 2018
- US Seeks to Negotiate a Broad Treaty With Iran - September 19th, 2018