As the CIA continues to reel from the single worst attack on the organization in over 25 years, the question of how the attack managed to sneak onto a highly guarded military base and hit a CIA building so secretive that even military spokesmen were referring to it initially as a “gym” may be answered.
According to former US officials, the CIA actually invited the bomber to the base, and had been courting him for quite some time as an informant. The attack, it seems, came when they attempted to search him.
The CIA would not confirm the details of the incident, saying they were still gathering evidence. Still, this would explain how officials were able to so quickly point the finger at the Haqqani network as behind the attack.
President Obama offered condolences and praised the CIA employees (conflicting reports have either seven or eight killed in the attack) as brave American patriots who made a great sacrifice for the American way of life.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017
- As ISIS Loses Ground, US Is on a Collision Course With Syria and Iran - June 21st, 2017
- US, Russia Continue to Inch Toward Confrontation in Syria - June 21st, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Fires Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Over Arms Dealer Links - June 21st, 2017
- Saudis, Allies Have 'List of Demands' for Qatar - June 21st, 2017