US Hasn't Charged Cleric With Any Crimes, But Did They Help Yemen With Assassination Attempt?
Which is problematic, according to Aulaqi’s father. The cleric, an American born US citizen, is not charged with any crimes despite speculation of unspecified al-Qaeda ties. If the US government helped Yemen in an assassination attempt against one of its own citizens, this certainly warrants analysis.
Yemen, for its part, claims that all the people killed were “militants,” but the government has made similar claims following attacks on open-air markets and hospitals in the rebel north. Yemeni officials speculate the cleric may be dead.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Growing Infighting Among Kurdish Factions in Iraq, Syria - March 15th, 2017
- Sen. John McCain: Rand Paul Is Working for Vladimir Putin - March 15th, 2017
- Syrian War Enters 7th Year; Country as Divided as Ever - March 15th, 2017
- Key Iraqi Sunni Warns Civilian Deaths Surging in Iraq's West Mosul Invasion - March 15th, 2017
- Ukraine Blocks All Road, Rail Links to Separatist Regions - March 15th, 2017