Which is problematic, according to Aulaqi’s father. The cleric, an American born US citizen, is not charged with any crimes despite speculation of unspecified al-Qaeda ties. If the US government helped Yemen in an assassination attempt against one of its own citizens, this certainly warrants analysis.
Yemen, for its part, claims that all the people killed were “militants,” but the government has made similar claims following attacks on open-air markets and hospitals in the rebel north. Yemeni officials speculate the cleric may be dead.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Latest US Navy Collision Fuels Speculation About 'Hacking' - August 22nd, 2017
- US, North Korea Clash at UN Forum Over Nuclear Arms - August 22nd, 2017
- NATO Chief Declares Alliance 'Fully Committed' to US War in Afghan - August 22nd, 2017
- Haley Demands IAEA Launch New Inspections of Iran Military Sites - August 22nd, 2017
- No End in Sight for US War in Afghanistan - August 22nd, 2017