Which is problematic, according to Aulaqi’s father. The cleric, an American born US citizen, is not charged with any crimes despite speculation of unspecified al-Qaeda ties. If the US government helped Yemen in an assassination attempt against one of its own citizens, this certainly warrants analysis.
Yemen, for its part, claims that all the people killed were “militants,” but the government has made similar claims following attacks on open-air markets and hospitals in the rebel north. Yemeni officials speculate the cleric may be dead.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli Tanks Attack Syrian Army Post Over Errant Mortar Fire - October 19th, 2017
- Syrian Kurds Holding Foreign ISIS Leaders - October 19th, 2017
- ISIS Seizes Villages South of Kirkuk as Iraq Focuses on Kurds - October 19th, 2017
- Pentagon Opens Niger Ambush Probe, Seeking Details on What Happened - October 19th, 2017
- State Dept Contradicts Trump on Cuba 'Attack' Accusation - October 19th, 2017