At least one of the slain was a policeman. The toll might have been higher but a nearby missionary school was closed for the Christmas holiday. All the businesses in the area have since been closed.
Peshawar police warn that the attack was unlikely to be an isolated incident, and intelligence agencies say that there could be more bombings in the near future.
The attack is the second in Peshawar this week, after a previous bombing hit the city’s Press Club. Peshawar has been a popular target in recent months as the wars in the tribal areas escalate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Exodus From Eastern Ghouta as Syrian Army Appears to Near Victory - March 18th, 2018
- Pentagon Defends Keeping Niger Attacks Secret - March 18th, 2018
- Trump Administration Scrambles to Convince Congress Not to Halt Yemen War - March 18th, 2018
- Sen. Corker Predicts Trump Will Withdraw From Iran Deal in May - March 18th, 2018
- May Says Britain Considers More Steps Against Russia in Coming Days - March 18th, 2018