At least one of the slain was a policeman. The toll might have been higher but a nearby missionary school was closed for the Christmas holiday. All the businesses in the area have since been closed.
Peshawar police warn that the attack was unlikely to be an isolated incident, and intelligence agencies say that there could be more bombings in the near future.
The attack is the second in Peshawar this week, after a previous bombing hit the city’s Press Club. Peshawar has been a popular target in recent months as the wars in the tribal areas escalate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- UN Aid Chief Slams Saudis for Blocking Yemen Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Top US General: Attack on Japan Same as an Attack on US - August 18th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Courts Iraq Alliance, Offering Reconstruction Aid - August 18th, 2017
- Assad Advisor: Syrian War Effectively Over - August 18th, 2017
- North Korea Sees Planned US-South Korea Wargames as 'Catastrophe' - August 18th, 2017