At least one of the slain was a policeman. The toll might have been higher but a nearby missionary school was closed for the Christmas holiday. All the businesses in the area have since been closed.
Peshawar police warn that the attack was unlikely to be an isolated incident, and intelligence agencies say that there could be more bombings in the near future.
The attack is the second in Peshawar this week, after a previous bombing hit the city’s Press Club. Peshawar has been a popular target in recent months as the wars in the tribal areas escalate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US, Israel Send Secret Delegation to Ukraine to Train Against S-300 - October 17th, 2018
- Koreans Hold Talks With UN on Demilitarizing the Border - October 17th, 2018
- Pentagon Exaggerates ISIS Foreign Fighter Estimates to Justify Staying in Syria - October 17th, 2018
- Afghan Candidate Killed by Bomb Under His Office Chair - October 17th, 2018
- Trump: US Won't 'Walk Away From Saudi Arabia' - October 17th, 2018