At least one of the slain was a policeman. The toll might have been higher but a nearby missionary school was closed for the Christmas holiday. All the businesses in the area have since been closed.
Peshawar police warn that the attack was unlikely to be an isolated incident, and intelligence agencies say that there could be more bombings in the near future.
The attack is the second in Peshawar this week, after a previous bombing hit the city’s Press Club. Peshawar has been a popular target in recent months as the wars in the tribal areas escalate.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Saudis Demolish Historic Shi'ite Neighborhood, Sparking Unrest - June 27th, 2017
- Turkey, Kurdish Forces Trade Fire in North Syria's Afrin District - June 27th, 2017
- Mattis: US Will Keep Arming Syrian Kurds After Raqqa Falls - June 27th, 2017
- Russia: US Warning to Syria Is Unacceptable - June 27th, 2017
- Saudi Arabia Insists Qatar Demands Are 'Non-Negotiable' - June 27th, 2017