Intelligence officials and former Blackwater employees are confirming that the shadowy military contractor participated in “almost nightly” kidnapping raids in Iraq and Afghanistan, called “snatch and grab” operations by company insiders on behalf of the CIA.
The relationship was so closed that officials say the line between military operations, those by the CIA, and those by the private security forces became completely blurred.
The latest report comes just a week after Blackwater owner Erik Prince confirmed that his company permformed “very risky missions” for the CIA, giving the agency “unattributable capability.” Prince did not, however, confirm any specific operations.
Besides operating a company making billions of dollars contracting for the US military, the State Department, and the CIA, Prince was himself a CIA operative who reportedly helped train CIA assassination teams.
The CIA was involved in a massive kidnapping program across the world for several years, a fact which became even more apparent last month with 23 CIA officers were convicted on kidnapping charges in Italy.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- ISIS Attacks Afghan Taliban Commander's House, Killing 15 - July 17th, 2018
- Trump: No Time Limit for Denuclearization of North Korea - July 17th, 2018
- Afghan Govt Rejects Idea of US-Taliban Peace Talks - July 17th, 2018
- Israeli Army Told to Prepare for Large-Scale Invasion of Gaza - July 17th, 2018
- Lawmakers, Media Look to Undermine US-Russia Detente - July 17th, 2018