Intelligence officials and former Blackwater employees are confirming that the shadowy military contractor participated in “almost nightly” kidnapping raids in Iraq and Afghanistan, called “snatch and grab” operations by company insiders on behalf of the CIA.
The relationship was so closed that officials say the line between military operations, those by the CIA, and those by the private security forces became completely blurred.
The latest report comes just a week after Blackwater owner Erik Prince confirmed that his company permformed “very risky missions” for the CIA, giving the agency “unattributable capability.” Prince did not, however, confirm any specific operations.
Besides operating a company making billions of dollars contracting for the US military, the State Department, and the CIA, Prince was himself a CIA operative who reportedly helped train CIA assassination teams.
The CIA was involved in a massive kidnapping program across the world for several years, a fact which became even more apparent last month with 23 CIA officers were convicted on kidnapping charges in Italy.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- CIA Chief: North Korea on Cusp of Ability to Hit US With Nukes - October 19th, 2017
- Spain to Revoke Catalan Autonomy on Saturday - October 19th, 2017
- Taliban Destroys Afghan Army Base in Kandahar - October 19th, 2017
- Germany Suspends Training for Iraqi Kurdish Troops - October 18th, 2017
- Oil Firm Sees Congressional Vote on Iran Deal as Potential Positive - October 18th, 2017