Despite accusing Pakistan’s government only days ago of secretly being in league with the Taliban, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates insists that the United States will not pursue the Afghan Taliban leadership into Pakistan.
Yet the United States has been launching attacks on Pakistani soil, with the private consent of the Pakistani government, for years and only last week it was reported that the White House had approved yet another escalation of these strikes.
While Pakistan has had little problem with the US strikes into North and South Waziristan, but is reportedly in opposition to the latest escalation, which would have CIA drones lobbing missiles deeper into Pakistani territory.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Israeli War With Iran Increasingly Likely, Mattis Warns - April 26th, 2018
- Mattis Defends Iran Deal as Trump Mulls Withdrawing - April 26th, 2018
- Trump Says Details Still Under Discussion on Summit With North Korea - April 26th, 2018
- Leaders of Two Koreas Meet as Summit Starts in DMZ - April 26th, 2018
- North Korea, South Korea Begin Historic Summit - April 26th, 2018