At least four people were killed tonight when a US Predator drone fired two missiles at a suspected militant hideout in North Waziristan. Officials were quick to label the slain, as well as the five wounded people, terrorists.
The attack is the first drone strike reported in the region in weeks, and comes as the Pakistani military is mired in a massive military offensive in neighboring South Waziristan.
Pakistani officials have indicated that they intend to attack North Waziristan next, potentially as soon as the South Waziristan offensive is declared over. It has been predicted this could be next month.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Syrian Forces Capture Idlib Province Airbase - January 21st, 2018
- In US Government Shutdown, Military Becomes a Hot Topic - January 21st, 2018
- Olympics a Catalyst for Easing Korea Tensions - January 21st, 2018
- US Urges Turkey to 'Exercise Restraint' in Syria Invasion - January 21st, 2018
- Turkey's Long-Anticipated War With Syrian Kurds Begins in Earnest - January 21st, 2018