At least four people were killed tonight when a US Predator drone fired two missiles at a suspected militant hideout in North Waziristan. Officials were quick to label the slain, as well as the five wounded people, terrorists.
The attack is the first drone strike reported in the region in weeks, and comes as the Pakistani military is mired in a massive military offensive in neighboring South Waziristan.
Pakistani officials have indicated that they intend to attack North Waziristan next, potentially as soon as the South Waziristan offensive is declared over. It has been predicted this could be next month.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Iran FM Says US 'Action Group' Will Fail to Overthrow Iran - August 19th, 2018
- North Korea Praises Trump, Bashes His Critics - August 19th, 2018
- As Afghan President Announces Ceasefire, Pompeo Says 'Time for Peace' - August 19th, 2018
- Iraq Supreme Court Ratifies Election Results, Sadr Still Leads - August 19th, 2018
- Pentagon Spokesman: US to Stay in Iraq as Long as Needed - August 19th, 2018