At least four people were killed tonight when a US Predator drone fired two missiles at a suspected militant hideout in North Waziristan. Officials were quick to label the slain, as well as the five wounded people, terrorists.
The attack is the first drone strike reported in the region in weeks, and comes as the Pakistani military is mired in a massive military offensive in neighboring South Waziristan.
Pakistani officials have indicated that they intend to attack North Waziristan next, potentially as soon as the South Waziristan offensive is declared over. It has been predicted this could be next month.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Foreign ISIS Fighters Left in Raqqa Face 'Certain Death' - October 22nd, 2017
- US-Made Vehicles Led Iraqi Invasion of Kurdish Town - October 22nd, 2017
- Niger Ambush Serves as Excuse for AFRICOM to Seek More Funds - October 22nd, 2017
- Catalan Leaders Vow to Resist Spain's Attempted Takeover - October 22nd, 2017
- Spain Seeks Huge Power Transfer in Trying to Oust Catalan Leadership - October 22nd, 2017