At least four people were killed tonight when a US Predator drone fired two missiles at a suspected militant hideout in North Waziristan. Officials were quick to label the slain, as well as the five wounded people, terrorists.
The attack is the first drone strike reported in the region in weeks, and comes as the Pakistani military is mired in a massive military offensive in neighboring South Waziristan.
Pakistani officials have indicated that they intend to attack North Waziristan next, potentially as soon as the South Waziristan offensive is declared over. It has been predicted this could be next month.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Al-Qaeda Fighters Kill 22 Syrian Troops Near Idlib - November 16th, 2018
- US Opposes UNGA Resolution Calling on Israel to Return Golan Heights - November 16th, 2018
- US to Accuse Iran of Capacity to Violate Chemical Weapons Ban - November 16th, 2018
- Israel Coalition Falters as Netanyahu Takes Top Positions - November 16th, 2018
- Report: CIA Concludes Saudi Crown Prince Ordered Khashoggi's Murder - November 16th, 2018