At least four people were killed tonight when a US Predator drone fired two missiles at a suspected militant hideout in North Waziristan. Officials were quick to label the slain, as well as the five wounded people, terrorists.
The attack is the first drone strike reported in the region in weeks, and comes as the Pakistani military is mired in a massive military offensive in neighboring South Waziristan.
Pakistani officials have indicated that they intend to attack North Waziristan next, potentially as soon as the South Waziristan offensive is declared over. It has been predicted this could be next month.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Trump Denies Making Too Many Concessions to North Korea - April 22nd, 2018
- Iran Vows 'Vigorous' Enrichment of Uranium if US Quits Nuclear Deal - April 22nd, 2018
- Syrian Forces Advance into Islamist-Held Area South of Damascus - April 22nd, 2018
- Chemical Inspectors Complete Visit to Syria's Douma - April 22nd, 2018
- As Korea Talks Progress, Mainstream Media Try to Derail Peace - April 22nd, 2018