In comments issued through its state media today, North Korea called for direct two-party talks with the United States, insisting that there was no point in resuming the multilateral talks before they settle their differences with America.
The US has been ratcheting up its rhetoric against North Korea in recent weeks, insisting that they could never accept North Korea unless they move immediately toward complete denuclearization.
North Korea said that it would “go its own way” if the US didn’t accept the call for talks, which Western officials are seeing as a direct threat to expand its nuclear arsenal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Ukrainian Bishops Bow to Govt, Create Church Independent of Russia - December 16th, 2018
- FM: Turkey Will Keep Striking PKK in Northern Iraq - December 16th, 2018
- Afghan Airstrikes Kill 20 Civilians, Mostly Children, in Eastern Raid - December 16th, 2018
- Fighting Rages Around Yemen's Hodeidah; Ceasefire Pushed Back to Tuesday - December 16th, 2018
- Saudi Arabia Condemns US Senate for 'Interference' - December 16th, 2018