In comments issued through its state media today, North Korea called for direct two-party talks with the United States, insisting that there was no point in resuming the multilateral talks before they settle their differences with America.
The US has been ratcheting up its rhetoric against North Korea in recent weeks, insisting that they could never accept North Korea unless they move immediately toward complete denuclearization.
North Korea said that it would “go its own way” if the US didn’t accept the call for talks, which Western officials are seeing as a direct threat to expand its nuclear arsenal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Car Bomb Hits Afghanistan, 34 Dead, 60 Wounded - June 22nd, 2017
- US Under Pressure to Accept North Korea Nuclear Freeze Deal - June 21st, 2017
- As ISIS Loses Ground, US Is on a Collision Course With Syria and Iran - June 21st, 2017
- US, Russia Continue to Inch Toward Confrontation in Syria - June 21st, 2017
- Wall Street Journal Fires Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Over Arms Dealer Links - June 21st, 2017