In comments issued through its state media today, North Korea called for direct two-party talks with the United States, insisting that there was no point in resuming the multilateral talks before they settle their differences with America.
The US has been ratcheting up its rhetoric against North Korea in recent weeks, insisting that they could never accept North Korea unless they move immediately toward complete denuclearization.
North Korea said that it would “go its own way” if the US didn’t accept the call for talks, which Western officials are seeing as a direct threat to expand its nuclear arsenal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- US-Backed Kurds Say Russian Warplanes Attacked Them - September 25th, 2017
- North Korea Says Trump Has Declared War, US Says No - September 25th, 2017
- Palestinian Authority to Convene in Gaza Amid Reconciliation Push - September 25th, 2017
- Spanish Officials Declare Catalonia Referendum 'Discredited' - September 25th, 2017
- Spain's Attorney General: Catalan President May Face Arrest - September 25th, 2017