In comments issued through its state media today, North Korea called for direct two-party talks with the United States, insisting that there was no point in resuming the multilateral talks before they settle their differences with America.
The US has been ratcheting up its rhetoric against North Korea in recent weeks, insisting that they could never accept North Korea unless they move immediately toward complete denuclearization.
North Korea said that it would “go its own way” if the US didn’t accept the call for talks, which Western officials are seeing as a direct threat to expand its nuclear arsenal.
Last 5 posts by Jason Ditz
- Putin Warns US Against Putting Missiles in Europe to Target Russia - February 20th, 2019
- US Envoy 'Warns' Lebanon Over Hezbollah Cabinet Posts - February 19th, 2019
- Gen. Votel Contradicts Trump on Foreign Policy, Now Hypes Afghanistan 'Threat' - February 19th, 2019
- Ahead of New Summit, Trump Says 'No Rush' for North Korea Denuclearization - February 19th, 2019
- Germany's Ban on Arms Exports to Saudis Over Khashoggi Murder Have Growing Impact - February 19th, 2019